• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

(pre) middle life crisis?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Larry Niven was clearly prescient...
    Sorry, the reference is lost on me....
    Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Originally posted by To BI or not to BI?
      Sorry, the reference is lost on me....
      Flycycle.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        1960s SF all about Organ Leggers and Organ banks and stuff.

Quite prescient considering they'd only just done the first heart transplant at the time & kidleys were only transferred from identical twins and such.
        "The Island" is a film that explores this topic.

Comment

I once watched a SF series about a guy who had received a brain transplant and the donor was a serial killer (or something like that). Obviously all kinds of murders happen right after that. This was in the late 70s and was a bit weird. (I also remember a pseudo scientific film about a plant witnessing a murder and setting off the ECG machine every time the murderer appeared in its sight. Quite scary)
          Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Originally posted by To BI or not to BI?
            I once watched a SF series about a guy who had received a brain transplant and the donor was a serial killer (or something like that). Obviously all kinds of murders happen right after that.
            Perhaps you should let Suffolk police know?
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
            X