• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

heart bleeds for BAA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can recommend Fairoaks, Surrey:-

1. Lounge in VIP bar (anytime).

2. Walk through to the apron with your luggage (1 min).

3. Preflight the plane (5 mins)

4. Pilot will load suitcase in front of plane (1 min).

5. Start engines (1 min)

6. Taxi clearance (1 min)

7. Tower clearance for take off (2 min)

6. Hoover up loitering chavs with left prop (1 - 10 mins)

Bargain. Trolley dolley extra.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Hamburg airport: a sea of calm, efficient staff (German), neutral decor, plenty of glass and natural light, pleasant cafes, abundant interweb connectivity.....and then I return to the Gatwick hellhole and think what the f**k?
      "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
        Do they still stop and point at planes in the sky in Scotland?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100

and cars, and people who work for business rather than not at all or in the public sector
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
            Hamburg airport: a sea of calm, efficient staff (German), neutral decor, plenty of glass and natural light, pleasant cafes, abundant interweb connectivity.....and then I return to the Gatwick hellhole and think what the f**k?
            Quite. Frankurt is a bit busy but it works. All of it, all the time.

Recently flew back from Copenhagen airport. Wish I hadn't (come back). Efficient and friendly, spacious, working, and apparently designed by B&O.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
              Quite. Frankurt is a bit busy but it works. All of it, all the time.

Recently flew back from Copenhagen airport. Wish I hadn't (come back). Efficient and friendly, spacious, working, and apparently designed by B&Q.
              All those over 65 employees with nothing better to do, I guess
              Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Hope this also brings food prices down!

And whats up with WH Smith charging the full price for books and magazines! BAA have shares in them too!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD

The first time I flew from London City I asked where the business lounge was...only to be informed there was no business lounge. However once you get in to the lounge area it might as well be as its actually quite nice.

Still get annoyed at having to take my shoes off though!

Mailman

Comment

Heathrow is the worst!!!

Personally, I've not had too many problems at Gatwick. But there is so much that is badly organised there.

For example, transferring to an internal flight when coming from abroad (that's Madrid -> Heathrow -> Manchester) Why do you have to go through passport control with thousands (literally one hour queue) of people who are also transferring but flying abroad. Why don't they have different queues for internal/external flights? At least why don't they have queues for EC passports and others?

Madrid's pretty crappy but Heathrow was worse by a long chalk.

The best recently for me were Schipol and Frankfurt.

Oh and the security measures!!! what a complete waste of time. Is this anything other than self-publicity at the passenger's expense?

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD

2. Walk through to the apron with your luggage (1 min).

3. Preflight the plane (5 mins)

4. Pilot will load suitcase in front of plane (1 min).

5. Start engines (1 min)

6. Taxi clearance (1 min)

7. Tower clearance for take off (2 min)

6. Hoover up loitering chavs with left prop (1 - 10 mins)

Bargain. Trolley dolley extra.
                      That darn balloon thing was in my parking slot the other week.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X