• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FFS Admins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotspine
    only more gloom from that period i'm afraid...no electric stuff. it's funny isn't it the way we can like different guitars...i'm def a fender man and although i did try gibsons [i bought a 335 and a 333] i still love the strat and am looking to get a tele 52 reissue soon[ish].
    I rarely play electric these days which is a shame. I have a nice collection of acoustic guitars and I really enjoy playing a lovely hand made Spanish nylon strung guitar these days. Gigging is mostly banjo / mandolin.

I've played a 335S which was excellent. On the lookout for an L5S which are hard to find...
    Me, me, me...

Comment

nice. the acoustic you heard on that recording is a taylor 810 ltd edition.

Comment

nice. the acoustic you heard on that recording is a taylor 810 ltd edition.
        Oh, seriously nice guitar. I have some Taylor samples but they don't do justice to the real thing. I've always liked Lowdens myself but mainly for the volume they can produce at a session with 20+ players.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
          My image of scotspine is similar to Duncan from Monarch of the Glen
          cheers lucy: def a beer

Comment

it is lovely. i knew a guy who played lowdens a couple of years ago. beautiful guitars, i always thought them very soft and responsive, like a whispery sobell....but that's just me

Comment

Did I miss something here? Did scots actually admit to using apples?

sp: oops did it again...
              Last edited by scotspine; 12 December 2006, 21:57.

Comment

it is lovely. i knew a guy who played lowdens a couple of years ago. beautiful guitars, i always thought them very soft and responsive, like a whispery sobell....but that's just me
                Then you had to go and mention Sobell!!! I had a beautiful Sobell bouzuki which I sold to my everlasting regret

I recently bought a mandolin from Jimmy Moon which is maybe the best I've ever played, I may get one of his guitars if they're anything like the mando.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

you sold a sobell bouzuki??!!!! i take it donal lunny doesn't speak to you any more!

jimmy moon is v. good. he set up the 333 i bought from boston a couple of years ago [ and which i'm trying to sell to bb ]. he also refretted my [1963] strat about 2 years ago and did a supreme job on it. couldn't recommend him highly enough.

Comment

[QUOTE=OrangeHopper]Did I miss something here? Did scots actually admit to using apples?QUOTE]

no, i just take them as collateral. off-season eh oh? looking forward to the new start?

Comment

you sold a sobell bouzuki??!!!! i take it donal lunny doesn't speak to you any more!
                      My hero, nuff said. Did a couple of gigs with Andy Irvine, now there's a player.
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                      X