• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Health and Safety

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheOmegaMan
    3. Don't walk into walls. It is much easier to use doors or open spaces. If you wish to enter a room and the door isn't open then open it. If there is someone in the room with their back to you, it is polite to cough before coming up their behind.
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Be careful with drink purchased from a vending machine, as these may be hot.

Take care when sitting at walking around office furniture, as they may have sharp edges.

Too much keyboard working may cause RSI

Comment

Yes, it's Carry on Contracting.

Comment

Oooh matron

He's out of bed again, I think his medication is too weak.....
          Why not?

Comment

Don't get of bed in the morning, because if it is a weekday, and you are on your way to work, any accidents or injuries sustained whilst travelling to work will be the fault of your employer, for not ensuring adequate protection of your wellbeing.

Always ensure you wear clean underwear in the event of an accident. (Just like your mother used to tell you). Also, always carry a spare change of underwear, in case of an accident (like a curry the night before).

Always ask people, especially strangers to wear a badge stating their intentions towards you. Survival training teaches us to assess people in to one of 3 categories when we meet them. 1) Hostile, 2) Neutral or 3) Friendly.
            If people wore a badge with their state of intent, you could avoid all sorts of trouble.

Never, EVER attempt to feed a pill to a cat without wearing the appropriate safety equipment. (Full Body Kevlar armour, Chainmail Gloves, Full-Face Helmet and Baseball Bat). Even then, make a will just in case.

When assessing the likely outcome of a situation, always veer on the most harmful and negative outcome, and then expect that to be the minimum situation to occur, with the real outcome being much much worse.

Always check your airport luggage for drugs and other illegal items of contraband. Just in case you left them at home and need to rush back.

And finally, my number 1 tip :

When your spouse says "I've set the alarm clock" and you do your double check to make sure he or she has set it correctly, you can be sure that the only time in 16 years you forget to check the alarm clock is when your spouse has forgotten or incorrectly set it as well. This event is always on the eve of an important meeting, interview, etc. So don't go to bed. You can't be too careful :-)
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I would also advise performing a risk assessment before turning on computers, you don't know what's out there...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
              X