• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hold that Trump Nobel peace prize

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Why would Iran give money to ISIS/Al Qaeda when they are hell bent upon destroying Shia Iran? They are fighting them on the ground in Iraq and Syria, which country gives money and support to an enemy that it is in an open battle with? Those saying that know they are lying through their teeth.
    Maybe you're right on that.
    I don't see Iran supporting killers on Western soil, but Saudi Arabia does (or at least factions that are tolerated/encouraged/funded by it) without a doubt
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      Am actually shocked by the lunacy of many of those posting on this thread. I never knew the world was such a dangerous place not because of Iran but because of many of the views shared on here.

1) I personally believe Iran should seek a Nuke as a deterrent to the US and other oppressive regimes who are surrounding Iran on all sides (Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi, Qatar, Turkey, Israel to name a few)
      2) Iran has never launched an aggressive, offensive war in the region
      3) Iran has no desire to Nuke or even bomb Israel for that matter. People confuse the chants of death to Israel, death to America (meaning the regimes and the oppressive values they stand for) for meaning the people. If you remember in a World Cup a while ago the Iranian team presented the USA football team with lots of gifts to demonstrate this
      4) Iran is the reason that ISIS are being wiped out in the region and we should thank them for it, they put their lives on the line and we reward them with sanctions.

Wake up people.
      Are you really saying don't worry about Iran because they give gifts at a football match?
      I am not looking to justify Saudi, UK, USA foreign policy etc
      However Iran has launched aggression by proxy through support of terrorist groups that destabilise the region and kill.
      You can disagree or point to other countries - but this policy they have is hardly debatable.

Comment

If you're doing badly in the polls, your electorate are starting to see you for what you really are then what do you do? Yep, start a war, and seeing as how the Korea's are starting to be friendly then let's pick on the Middle East: Israel Attacked Syria an Hour After the Iran Deal Was Ended | Time
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
          Iran is a country whose regime is happy to hang children in public.

From Cranes.

For alleged "crimes against chastity".

Think on that people.

The sooner these mad mullahs are deposed and a western friendly secular regime put in place the better.
          Saudi Arabia does the same, and the UK & US are very happy to sell them weapons that they use on their own civilians and on neighbours.

Trump is very good at manipulating people to ignore the business and only focus on the places where he's not making money, then painting those people as the only bad guys out there.

Where did the 9/11 bombers come from - Saudi or Iran?
          Who supplies the most finance to IS - Saudi or Iran?
          Who buys the most weapons off the US & UK - Saudi or Iran?

Hint: one of these countries spends over £1billion a year on UK arms (and recently ordered approx £10billion worth of Typhoon fighters). The same country signed a deal with Mr Trump last year for $110billion in arms.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
            Iran is a country whose regime is happy to hang children in public.

From Cranes.

For alleged "crimes against chastity".

Think on that people.

The sooner these mad mullahs are deposed and a western friendly secular regime put in place the better.
            Last time that happened, it was an 18 year old being hanged for raping a 12 year old boy (as I recall).

A bit harsh maybe by modern western standards, but happy to be corrected if you can cite a genuinely ridiculous case such as a 14 year old hanged for touching up or snogging a 14 year old girl or something similar (which is what your post suggested happened).

And let's not forget that by a statute of Henry VIII, sodomy (including oral sex!) was a capital offence in the UK and US until the 1860s
            Last edited by OwlHoot; 9 May 2018, 11:58.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I've heard it said a few times that Iran is the largest state sponsor of terrorists - which terrorists and what is this based on I wonder?

They're allied with Russia (and China) so if you think Vlad won't allow Syria to be overthrown he certainly won't allow Iran to either - although I think they would put up a decent fight without Russian support...

My guess is that Donald's pulling out of the deal is a precursor to him negotiating a new deal on different terms.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                Are you really saying don't worry about Iran because they give gifts at a football match?
                I am not looking to justify Saudi, UK, USA foreign policy etc
                However Iran has launched aggression by proxy through support of terrorist groups that destabilise the region and kill.
                You can disagree or point to other countries - but this policy they have is hardly debatable.
                Is it the USA that's surrounding Iran in the region and provoking it or is Iran that's surrounding the USA? Have you stopped to think for a minute that the USA has countless bases surrounding Iran and has actually invaded neighboring countries? Who sees who as a threat here? Do you blame them for chanting death to America when all they see from them is terror spread in the region through their weapons and allies using their weapons (e.g. Yemen) and also are surrounding them on every side? Have you ever used your brain to think what it might be like for Iran? I for one wouldn't blame them for building a Nuke as a deterrent, it's worked in North Korea.
                Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 9 May 2018, 12:01.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  If you're doing badly in the polls, your electorate are starting to see you for what you really are then what do you do? Yep, start a war, and seeing as how the Korea's are starting to be friendly then let's pick on the Middle East: Israel Attacked Syria an Hour After the Iran Deal Was Ended | Time
                  Come on man - Israel are a very peaceful country who only ever respond to terrorism - they never launch attacks on neighboring countires.....

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Last time that happened, it was an 18 year old being hanged for raping a 12 year old boy (as I recall).

A bit harsh maybe by modern western standards, but happy to be corrected if you can cite a genuinely ridiculous case such as a 14 year old hanged for touching up or snogging a 14 year old girl or something similar (which is what your post suggested happened).

And let's not forget that by a statute of Henry VIII, sodomy (including oral sex!) was a capital offence in the UK and US until the 1860s
                    Iran's legal system definitely needs reform but it certainly ain't anywhere near as bad as Saudi - so why not focus on that first?

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      I've heard it said a few times that Iran is the largest state sponsor of terrorists - which terrorists and what is this based on I wonder?
                      All large states in the Middle East sponsor/support/fund their proxies that indulge in terror.
                      The divide is mainly Sunni/Shia and that trumps the Israeli/Arab divide which is lucky for the Israelis - imagine what the Arabs could do if they united - but they never will.
                      But Saudi Arabia funds terrorists who directly attack Western civilians i.e. ISIS and Al Qaeda, which Iran doesn't.
                      Last edited by sasguru; 9 May 2018, 12:10.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X