• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone actually claimed for PPI yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I was on with Lloyds the other night for about 45 minutes regarding my packaged account. The PPI is going down a seperate route.

I paid for a packaged account for 7 years and when I went to use the travel insurance they welched out on a technicality, so after 20 years I closed my account. I stated the package was unfit for purpose.

Unsure whether I've had a result the next few days will tell.
    Well bugger me sideways. I spoke to the guy on Tuesday, just rang him up as he said he'd investigate and get back to me there and then. He said he agreed on the misselling of the Packaged account & worthless travel insurance and they've sent me a cheque for £3718 quid!!!

So that's taken just 9 days from the start of this thread when I filled in just the one form online!!!!

The missus when I met her had PPI and packaged accounts on everything with NatWest for way more than me.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Did try the form and got called but had problems when phone went out of range and then ran out of battery. Mind you, never had loans or remotely recent mortgages, just CCs, so suspect amount involved is not huge.

He did ask me about store cards, had one or two, but can't see how PPI is involved in those as never had loans. Never paid anything except for purchases and store cards were just for a discount.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 19 April 2018, 20:08.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

So both Lloyds and Halifax have responded with a multi page form asking for details of employment benefits etc etc - pages and pages. No idea if we even had PPI.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          So both Lloyds and Halifax have responded with a multi page form asking for details of employment benefits etc etc - pages and pages. No idea if we even had PPI.
          Yeah - that is just to put off the people who cannot be arsed.

Fill it in, send it off I bet you get something.

Comment

Well bugger me sideways. I spoke to the guy on Tuesday, just rang him up as he said he'd investigate and get back to me there and then. He said he agreed on the misselling of the Packaged account & worthless travel insurance and they've sent me a cheque for £3718 quid!!!

So that's taken just 9 days from the start of this thread when I filled in just the one form online!!!!

The missus when I met her had PPI and packaged accounts on everything with NatWest for way more than me.
            Time to buy shares in Ladbrokes.

Comment

This is all news to me, being a sneering metropolitan elite emigré. I've filled the form in but don't expect to get anything back, because I'm pretty sure I'm too cynical to have signed up to any of these products.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                This is all news to me, being a sneering metropolitan elite emigré. I've filled the form in but don't expect to get anything back, because I'm pretty sure I'm too cynical to have signed up to any of these products.

Aye, been contracting so long even the car loans I had back at the start, that I've been able to find the paperwork for, have 'no PPI included'. Always figured being freelance/self-employed-ish it wouldn't be worth paying for.

The monthly figures on the loans look ok too in that they aren't inflated beyond the expected amount when considering the APR and loan term, so no PPI added by stealth.

Oh well, glad others are finding it a rewarding enterprise. Certainly worth a punt.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I don't think I was ever dumb enough to agree to it, but you don't know maybe back in the day one my first loan I did.
                  I know I once took out the banking insurance/benefits that turned out to be useless so I may try and claim some back.

Anyone had any luck?
                  I got money back from a loan so it's always worth giving it a try
                  Even if you don't think a loan qualifies you should still check all of them

Comment

Just got me cheque for 3.8k and lo and behold, they said I never paid PPI on a loan, but when checking a credit card there some's money on one of those from back in the day, another 18 quid.

On that basis I'm going to do Barclays next because you never know, while the missus Natwest I am also still yet to do.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Ditto, just returned mine.. let's see what happens...

Sure I had PPI on the original Halifax mortgage, not sure about the Lloyds car loan but did the form anyway.
                      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                      X