• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are there perm jobs with flexible starting time ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there perm jobs with flexible starting time ?

I am interviewing for this perm job in London and when I hinted to this agent about wanting to start at 9.30 or 10 AM, it was met with utter surprise: HOW DARE YOU CHALLENGE THE 9-5 SLAVE ROUTINE!. No work from home either and this is a mid/senior level dev job. The perm mindset is so hierarchic it is sickening.
    Last edited by ronkeen; 4 April 2018, 18:11.

Originally posted by ronkeen View Post
    I am interviewing for this perm job in London and when I hinted to this agent about wanting to start at 9.30 or 10 AM, it was met with utter surprise: HOW DARE YOU CHALLENGE THE 9-5 SLAVE ROUTINE!. No work from home either and this is a mid/senior level dev job. The perm mindset is hierarchic is sickening.
    You wonder why the company has the vacancy?

Turn down the role stating clearly why, and interview elsewhere if flexiblity is important to you.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Turn up on time, when manager meets you ask if you can use the loo

Go to the loo, but sneak out of the building and leave them wondering where you are

Comment

I tend not to take much notice of what the agent thinks the working arrangements are. I would do the interview and, if it's going well, you raise the question about working hours flexibility. If the interviewing manager/HR drone balks then you know it's not going to work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I tend not to take much notice of what the agent thinks the working arrangements are. I would do the interview and, if it's going well, you raise the question about working hours flexibility. If the interviewing manager/HR drone balks then you know it's not going to work for you.
          Exactly. The agent is looking to filter out CVs. The OP needs to get through the filter and explore this with the employer once they are convinced that the OP is the right candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by ronkeen View Post
            I am interviewing for this perm job in London and when I hinted to this agent about wanting to start at 9.30 or 10 AM, it was met with utter surprise: HOW DARE YOU CHALLENGE THE 9-5 SLAVE ROUTINE!. No work from home either and this is a mid/senior level dev job. The perm mindset is so hierarchic it is sickening.
            Have a wank at the desk at 9am. When they ask why are you doing it, tell them you have to do your 9am wank at work because their strict working hours.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If that doesn't get you dispensation to wank from home then nothing will

Comment

Working...
              X