• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving to Brussels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Been a busy few months. Sold main house (a very nice Indian gentleman paid 1.4 million for it), now renting round the corner.
    Been offered a permie job in Brussels with all the benefits and a nice relocation package so will take that while I figure out how the Belgies work with contracting.
    Missus working out her notice and we move next month.
    Looking forward to a new adventure - probably the last one before retirement in Portugal, yay
    Sounds awesome! Have fun!!!
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      But the mince remains as thick as ever.
      You really need to work on your witty put-downs...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I remain CUK's Chief.......

Cretin

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Moving to Brussels
          Good luck! Hope you get some....

Comment

I hear fireworks are leaving the shelves at record speed in a town in deepest Surrey.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              I hear fireworks are leaving the shelves at record speed in a town in deepest Surrey.
              Keep up. Old Walter lived in London, then sold up and bought a leafy pile for X millions in Surrey, then sold up and returned to London having spent X millions, and has now sold up again...

Next week, he will be spending X millions buying somewhere else imaginary

Comment

Your internship sounds good: https://www.reddit.com/r/UKPersonalF...um_what_to_do/

Comment

Been a busy few months. Sold main house (a very nice Indian gentleman paid 1.4 million for it), now renting round the corner.
                  And how much is your monthly rent if the houses cost £1.4m there?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    And how much is your monthly rent if the houses cost £1.4m there?

3k for an ecoshed.

Comment

Dunno yet - popping over next week to liaise with HR who've promised to give me a couple of options.
                      Harpic or Domestos?

Marigolds or Purrell?

Congrats Sas hope it goes well!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X