• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No escaping the Russians

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Other thing is that our lot are just as bent so we have absolutely no moral high ground to judge anyone. Maybe if we cleaned up our glass house we could throw a few stones. Yes Stalin was bad but so are Bush/Blair (and all other since including current office holders).

Vlad is genuinely popular because Russia is surrounded by NATO bases and increasing hostility and provocation from our lot and they see him as a tough guy who can handle the west and protect Russia. Yeah he's corrupt but so what? You want honest leaders how about you focus on your own ones first?
    Vlad is the diminutive for Vladislav, not Vladimir. You must have meant Vova.

Pedant-tastic!

Comment

What's that got to do with anything? How many people got killed there? How many shots fired? How many refugees poured across the ocean, many drowning along the way having lost everything because of us? How many of them are now being radicalized as terrorists and living here planning attacks? How many had to live and die with ISIS?

Oh and... Crimea was a response to another Western backed regime change - which was our response to being told 'Nyet' to rolling over Syria.
      What the war is still going on??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Donbass

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        What the war is still going on??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Donbass
        Frontline with trenches is around 600 km, daily casualties among the military.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Frontline with trenches is around 600 km, daily casualties among the military.
          Get's about as much media coverage as Yemen does - although with recent Saudi arms deals Yemen has got a mention in the last week or so.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

This has all gone a bit

Here's an update

My FCO source, like me, remembers the extreme pressure put on FCO staff and other civil servants to sign off the dirty dossier on Iraqi WMD, some of which pressure I recount in my memoir Murder in Samarkand. She volunteered the comparison to what is happening now, particularly at Porton Down, with no prompting from me.
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

British police find Putin's passport at scene of Salisbury poison attack - .
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Interesting

how could Putin be there and carrying out this new chemical attack at the same time

Man sprays 'unknown chemical' on sweets in Exeter Poundland | Daily Mail Online

Comment

This has all gone a bit

Here's an update
                  I Ken. Government may as well come clean before they start Iraq Mk III
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    I Ken. Government may as well come clean before they start Iraq Mk III
                    I'm hopeful that we don't have the clout to start WW3 - although this could be part of a wider neocon agenda. I still think the world cup is the target and there will be more 'events' between now and then to get it cancelled/botcotted.

just out of interest - when the FBI got rid of Blatter did they replace him with a Poroshenko? If they have taken over FIFA then it's game on (see what i did there?)

Comment

Trump Calls Putin To Congratulate Him On Re-election Victory

Amusingly, Trump's congratulatory phone call to Putin is not the most controversial one: earlier, EU president Jean-Claude Juncker risked British ire by congratulating Vladimir Putin on his re-election as Russian president, just one day after the EU offered the UK its “unqualified support” over the Salisbury spy attack.

The president of the European Commission, which is leading the Brexit negotiations on behalf of the remaining 27 member state of the EU, wrote to the Russian leader on Tuesday. "Excellency, Mr President," he wrote, “I wish to convey my congratulations on your re-election."

Comment

Working...
                      X