• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netflix / Amazon Recommends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Mr Robot was good for season 1 and 2 - loses it a bit in S3

Extant was quite good

Goliath - enjoyed as well
    Goliath good, Billy Bob nailed it trust him to do a drunk wash out.

Extant never quite got into it.

Quite like Bosch, American Gothic, Mad Dogs (surprised me).

The Girlfriend experience, diaries of an american call girl.

The Looming Tower is good so far.

Fothcoming attractions :
    Good Omens is an upcoming six-part miniseries based on the 1990 novel
    Jack Ryan, is an upcoming American television series
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...uted_by_Amazon
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

+1 for the americans and Goliath.

Ray Donovan

Comment

another +1 for The Americans
        Stranger Things or Black Mirror if you haven't got to them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
          On Netflix I would recommend: The Expanse, Marco Polo, The Good Place and Grimm
          On Amazon: Bosch, The Man in the High Castle, Vikings, Into the Badlands and Hand of God
          I love Bosch. Hardly watch any TV these days but somehow I got hooked quick. Can't wait for season 4 to turn up. I started reading the books after seeing the first two seasons, and was pleasantly surprised at a) how good the books are (much better than the Jack Reacher novels IMO), and b) how, although the TV show has merged storylines from several books, it feels quite faithful to them. Titus Welliver does a great job portraying the title character.

Also love Silicon Valley (it's on Sky so forgive the lack of Netflix/Amazon relevance) - it's crude but often hilarious, and does have a certain authenticity when it comes to how programmers can behave. Season 4 is showing on Sky at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
            ...Also love Silicon Valley (it's on Sky so forgive the lack of Netflix/Amazon relevance) - it's crude but often hilarious, and does have a certain authenticity when it comes to how programmers can behave. Season 4 is showing on Sky at the moment.
            Season 5 starts on 25th March.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Really enjoyed Ozark on Netflix
              Great characters.

Comment

12 Monkeys
                The Travellers
                Van Helsing
                The Punisher (Series)
                Peaky Blinders...

Comment

black mirror
                  animal kingdom

Comment

I was really hoping to find something new and interesting on Netflix but looks like I've either seen it or the recommendations are not my cup of tea.

I feel like cancelling my Netflix account and coming back in a years time. I would do it but my Netflix account has so many profiles for friends and family I feel I would be letting them down (Netflix aint stupid).

Comment

Star Trek Discovery is quite good...

Also been watching Gilmour Girls with my daughter - not normally my bag of chips that sort of things but it was quite entertaining in it's own way.

Comment

Working...
                      X