• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I think we can all make some huge money here if we buy or sell the right thing at the right time and then buy or sell that thing at the right time later on.

The only bits I'm vague on are.

What to buy or what to sell
    When to buy and when to sell

HTH BIDI
    Right, well its not the time to buy yet, and the time to sell was 2 weeks ago. hth.

Things you need regardless, food, cigs, electricity. Slightly up today.

Things you dont need in a pandemic: Flights, mortgages, oil, housing, advertising, and apparently Capita down 31%! lol

Comment

I think we can all make some huge money here if we buy or sell the right thing at the right time and then buy or sell that thing at the right time later on.

HTH BIDI

Seriously, you wanna bet? Here it is... Etheruem 3 x bull on Binance. Ether easily goes back to $200-250 range. A $10k bet on the leveraged token below becomes $800k when Ether returns to $250

I'm about $xxk in so far!

3X Long Ethereum Token (ETHBULL) price, charts, market cap, and other metrics | CoinMarketCap
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

HTH BIDI
        What: buy guns
        When: start of the zombie apocalypse

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          What: buy guns
          When: start of the zombie apocalypse
          Time to buy guns is NOW
          Residents in Los Angeles seen queuing outside weapons store as they flock to buy guns amid coronavirus lockdown | London Evening Standard

Comment

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
              ...and apparently Capita down 31%! lol
              Capita are down almost 80% over the least two weeks.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

I'm making a fortune shorting Saga Plc and buying Dignity plc...

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                  Capita are down almost 80% over the least two weeks.

Holly crap, £175 to £26 in two weeks.... that's gonna hurt. Wonder what their debt position is like....

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Better than the profit situation according to the earnings report shown on that screen
                    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Capita are idiots. How the @£$£ have they so much debt?! Two weeks ago they could have paid off that debt, now that debt is a razor blade covered noose.

Could they be doing a Flybe soon? If you're employed through them I'd make sure that last timesheet gets turned to cash el pronto.

These 4 Measures Indicate That Capita (LON:CPI) Is Using Debt In A Risky Way – Simply Wall St News

What Is Capita’s Net Debt?
                      You can click the graphic below for the historical numbers, but it shows that as of June 2019 Capita had UK£1.46b of debt, an increase on UK£1.8k, over one year. However, it does have UK£765.8m in cash offsetting this, leading to net debt of about UK£691.8m.

To be frank both Capita’s conversion of EBIT to free cash flow and its track record of (not) growing its EBIT make us rather uncomfortable with its debt levels. But at least its net debt to EBITDA is not so bad. Taking into account all the aforementioned factors, it looks like Capita has too much debt. That sort of riskiness is ok for some, but it certainly doesn’t float our boat.

Comment

Working...
                      X