• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I remember reading in the SJD accountancy handbook when I started my contracting career "the majority of businesses fail through poor cashflow management". That sentence stuck in my head ever since.
    Not tulipcoin management then, but real “fiat” cash management?

Comment

Reading through the FT headlines this morning, what's happening in the markets... demand and supply almost at zero, - this is crazy... you only see such market stress during times of conflict.

Make no mistake, this correction will be the biggest economic event of our lifetimes.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Reading through the FT headlines this morning, what's happening in the markets... demand and supply almost at zero, - this is crazy... you only see such market stress during times of conflict.

Make no mistake, this correction will be the biggest economic event of our lifetimes.
        Until the central banks give the bankers trillions of printed money to cover their losses and then some.

The cynic/tinfoil hat in me says this is a man made virus to transfer wealth on an epic scale....
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I keep a loan from Santander opened, just in case... the bank makes available to me £100k+ on credit for base + 0.25%

How the heck is this fair against folks paying 18%+ on credit cards????!!

Tempted to withdraw the lot and put it on bitcoin....
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I keep a loan from Santander opened, just in case... the bank makes available to me £100k+ on credit for base + 0.25%

How the heck is this fair against folks paying 18%+ on credit cards????!!

Tempted to withdraw the lot and put it on bitcoin....

Comment

Dare me... I dare you....

Comment

Dare me... I dare you....
                I dare you to order me a pizza
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                  Until the central banks give the bankers trillions of printed money to cover their losses and then some.

The cynic/tinfoil hat in me says this is a man made virus to transfer wealth on an epic scale....
                  If they print enough they can all be paper money zillionaires.

The only thing they are going to achieve is inflation. Let's hope wages and contract rates go up to match it or that bog roll and bean hording will be worth a fortune paper money wise.

If it goes zimbabwe style we can at least use the currency to wipe our arses. Just have to use £50 notes now all the lower denominations are plastic.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Despite the recent falls, the US stock market still looks overvalued.

Buffett Indicator: The percent of total market cap relative to Gross National Product?
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

yield curve inversion

"I was inverted"

"cough Bullh1t"

No bull now, higher lows into a recovering 10-year bond yield. Recession guaranteed. However the width of this 'V' is depressing, this recession is going to be a depression if the downtrend lasts 2-3 years.

On the plus side a lot of folk are going to make a ton of money. Who will it be?

The gold bugs?

The Bitcoin brigade?

ATW the pound in my pocket is all you need?

Shotgun n tinned beans horders?

Comment

Working...
                      X