• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Beautiful - the index rose to previous support, perfectly normal, now this is the big test. Does it become resistance? If it is unable to climb above 6000 and stay there until the end of the week at least then the downtrend is set in stone. There's no saving it.
    Just above, just below, support, resistance.

..or yesterday just the fall in the $ and catching up with European markets after the bank holiday.

Who knows. I’m just watching to see how this plays.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
      Just above, just below, support, resistance.

..or yesterday just the fall in the $ and catching up with European markets after the bank holiday.

Who knows. I’m just watching to see how this plays.
      Mystic Poops

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Knee-jerk reaction to Tesla seeking $5Bn in future funding.

I wonder if he will dabble in mining...
        Potash Mining.. in Yorkshire.

Really hope everyone keeps away from mining or oil companies.

Comment

BP looks like a steal at the minute if you're a long term investor. As does Rolls Royce, both very undervalued. However I don't think the bottom is in, no indication of reversal in either at the minute.

Will be interesting to see what Rolls Royce does with Berlin after the no-deal Brexit comes into force. I'm waiting until then.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I used to trade options a few years back.

I can totally believe he has bought a quarter mil put. Options bring out the crazy in people.

If UKX doesn't tank soon he'll lose it all. The time decay is a real killer.

I'm not surprised he's coy about the detail. I doubt he wants to reveal how far under water it already is.

Comment

Originally posted by ns1 View Post
              I used to trade options a few years back.

I can totally believe he has bought a quarter mil put. Options bring out the crazy in people.

If UKX doesn't tank soon he'll lose it all. The time decay is a real killer.

I'm not surprised he's coy about the detail. I doubt he wants to reveal how far under water it already is.

gwd you're not kidding - £70k down the tubes so far, since you ask.

I will confess, I was early. But I'm not wrong.
              Last edited by scooterscot; 2 September 2020, 10:58.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The trouble is the option could end up worthless if your timing is out.

The only way I made money on them was jumping in and out in fast moving markets. They bleed in sideways markets.

Comment

Your issue is you can be "not wrong" but still lose it all, because, in your mind, so long as it happens at some point in the future, then you called it and you were "not wrong".

Comment

Not sure how to break this to you, but being early when trading options is the same as being wrong.
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

BP looks like a steal at the minute if you're a long term investor. As does Rolls Royce, both very undervalued. However I don't think the bottom is in, no indication of reversal in either at the minute.

Will be interesting to see what Rolls Royce does with Berlin after the no-deal Brexit comes into force. I'm waiting until then.
                      Rolls Royce got a lot of it's income and profits from servicing jet engines, which are serviced according to hours flown. Since planes have not been flying as much, their revenue has vanished. So the fortunes are tied in tightly with lockdowns and people's appetite to travel.
                      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                      X