• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be a Buffet - holding onto cash right now seems like the most wise thing one could do at the minute.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Did Buffet sell 100% of shares?

Think not

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Be a Buffet - holding onto cash right now seems like the most wise thing one could do at the minute.
        Yeeeeesssss, because holding cash would have got me a 20% return since April
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Be a Buffet
          He's the quintessential fundamentalist trader. Aren't you a 100% technicals guy?

Would you advise being a Buffett when it comes to airline stocks, selling at the bottom?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Yeeeeesssss, because holding cash would have got me a 20% return since April
            Have you taken profits?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
              He's the quintessential fundamentalist trader. Aren't you a 100% technicals guy?

Would you advise being a Buffett when it comes to airline stocks, selling at the bottom?
              Scootie would advise anything that puts him in the extreme minority of considered opinion. It gives him the sense of being elite. Everyone else can see that he’s an elite cretin.

Comment

Have you taken profits?
                Yes thanks. On a weekly basis. You?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

stuff your fiat currency , the best thing to do is buy gold and silver.
                  gold is rising for the last 5000 years

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    stuff your fiat currency , the best thing to do is buy gold and silver.
                    gold is rising for the last 5000 years
                    Gold price is going to $600 pretty soon.

Gold is an excellent hedge against inflation. It sucks against currency debasement, however. I don't know why it does not react more positively against money printing. Since 2012 when money printing went out of control Gold has only lost value.

I'm happy to wait until we're around the mean price of $600 before going in large with all my Bitcoin gains.
                    He's now betting against BTC.

Comment

Have you taken profits?
                      No, for 2 reasons.

1) I don't think it's going to drop much. Possible correction, but not crash. I bought in at about 5400 so a long way to go before I need to sell to crystalise profit.

2) I'm in for the long haul. And by this I means years if not decades. These are my ISAs so I'll sit on these for 10+ years. In the long haul the FTSE will go back to 7000+ ... I can be patient as this is not money I expect to need until I'm in my 70's
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X