• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I read that one. Best line (although don't think this article, some other FT article), "On the stock market, Hertz had their best week since declaring bankruptcy."
    Nothing like a fire sale. Used Car Sales | Dublin, Cork, Blarney & Dun Laoighaire | Hertz Car Sales

Comment

Worst thing with with big debt is that existing shareholders will be wiped out in favour of debt holders.

Oh wait...

Comment

So should the Fed just simply let the companies go to the wall and engineer a depression with an even higher unemployment rate, so that short sellers can make a quick buck?

Does it really make sense to let airlines go bankrupt and to turn the commercial airline fleet into saucepans ?

What would happen if you've broken up all airlines trashed all their planes to pay off creditors and then corona virus goes away?
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          So should the Fed just simply let the companies go to the wall and engineer a depression with an even higher unemployment rate, so that short sellers can make a quick buck?

Does it really make sense to let airlines go bankrupt and to turn the commercial airline fleet into saucepans ?

What would happen if you've broken up all airlines trashed all their planes to pay off debtors and then corona virus goes away?
          So privatise profit and put debt on the public purse?

Free market anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            So privatise profit and put debt on the public purse?

Free market anyone?
            The alternative is to throw 30% of the population out of work and give them nothing.

Would you be happier with a lower tax rate and no job ?
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

The last time the Fed bailed out the economy the tax rates didn't go up.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                The alternative is to throw 30% of the population out of work and give them nothing.

Would you be happier with a lower tax rate and no job ?
                So an economy based on endless QE, zombie bankrupt companies, and fake jobs funded from higher and higher taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Don't ask you to judge me on my winners, I ask you to judge me on my losers because I've had so few. Feel better about me now?
                  I have no feelings about you whatsoever, barring what AtW has said. If you promised to flounce, you should go.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

So an economy based on endless QE, zombie bankrupt companies, and fake jobs funded from higher and higher taxes.
                    You need to checkout what happened in the 1930's because that is the alternative. Would do really want to spend your afternoons at the local rubbish heap ?

If you withdraw funding then you'll destroy a lot of healthy companies in addition to any zombie companies.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

So an economy based on endless QE, zombie bankrupt companies, and fake jobs funded from higher and higher taxes. borrowing so much future generations will be spending all their tax on servicing debt
                      FTFY
                      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                      X