• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AML <-- you didn't hear it from me, right?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Pooper - have you taken any profits yet?

I'm quite possibly the only Centrica shareholder able to do so
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        So much win!

My point is about keeping money on the table - you're contradicting yourself.

Nice chart, it's a savage bull market, everyone's in the green by 20-30% who bought end of March.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
          My point is about keeping money on the table - you're contradicting yourself.
          My portfolio always has a percentage in cash, everyone should. 1-2 years of living costs goes without saying. Call yourself a contractor....

Nice chart, it's a savage bull market, everyone's in the green by 20-30% who bought end of March.

Well that wasn't hard to disprove. BT share holders down -20%. Any more sweeping generalisations?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm quite possibly the only Centrica shareholder able to do so
            So you are able, but did not do so

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              So you are able, but did not do so

When I have bearish divergence I will cash out and not before, unlike AMD shareghdlers clinging on for dear life.

If AMD goes to <$30 I'll sell my Centrica shares. Wanna bet?

Comment

When I have bearish divergence I will cash out and not before, unlike AMD shareghdlers clinging on for dear life.

If AMD goes to <$30 I'll sell my Centrica shares. Wanna bet?
                You are a liar who said you will quit this forum if AMD goes above 40 - you broke your word, mods should have banned you months ago

Comment

My portfolio always has a percentage in cash, everyone should. 1-2 years of living costs goes without saying. Call yourself a contractor....

Well that wasn't hard to disprove. BT share holders down -20%. Any more sweeping generalisations?

Yeah, don't bet on one horse, the generalisation is that the markets as a whole (Nasdaq, S&P 500) proves my point.

Comment

Yeah, don't bet on one horse, the generalisation is that the markets as a whole (Nasdaq, S&P 500) proves my point.

Ahh diversification... that old chestnut sold to the dumb retail money.

Keep em poor.

Comment

Ahh diversification... that old chestnut sold to the dumb retail money.

Keep em poor.

Robert Kiyosaki please tell me you're trolling

Warren Buffett suggests investing in S&P 500 index funds

Comment

Working...
                      X