• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    It's simple, you choose something everyone is selling (be contrarian) and then buy it and hold it until you are rich. It cannot fail.
    Except, didn't Scoots make his fortune, with crypto in 2017, buying what everyone else was buying?
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      Except, didn't Scoots make his fortune, with crypto in 2017, buying what everyone else was buying?
      He was contrarian to all those that weren't buying, but instead were watching TV or summat.

Comment

FTSE up and infamous CNA down nearly double digits % since spike this morning.

Maybe a large cash call on the horizon that those in the know are aware of and are exiting? That Barclays note quite suspicious I think. Huge dilution at 20p or suchlike under the guise of new CEO clearing the decks - that's the usual nonsense they try and frame value destruction events around. Else it's just a hugely indebted company that's struggled for years and people realise it's a zombie? One or the other.

Not many bargains in the blue chips currently - may just buy some more FAANG. Another 20 years until early retirement and their dividends will see me alright I think.
        Last edited by Highland; 17 April 2020, 14:53.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
          I don't see companies like Centrica rising until people start to go back into offices in large numbers. Or Winter. Whichever comes first.

I made £10 quid shorting Centrica for a bit of fun this morning.

prove it - otherwise...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            prove it - otherwise...

As you wish.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

I just see a graph - where's the trade? No proof no trade. cUK General rules.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                I just see a graph - where's the trade? No proof no trade. cUK General rules.
                The little blue number showing a current (paper) profit of £11.64.
                Last edited by wattaj; 17 April 2020, 15:16. Reason: Clarity.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

It's not real money until you cash in

Comment

I'm going to keep this one open over the weekend to see what happens.
                    I closed my FTSE bet at +£228 a little earlier.
                    Not the biggest bets that I've made, but it was fun. And I'm currently up ~£4k overall since I started.

Obligatory pics for the sceptical.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      It's not worthless fiat currency until you cash in
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...