• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always ignore the news. Bearish articles are often a contrarian indicator.

For the record I did not just pick this stock based on the previously posted 1-day chart. The Monthly chart below was also used. I've picked a stock at a 23 year low. The last monthly candle is also showing strong buying pressure. It is also 1000% away from its all time high of £400 in August of 2013.

When there's blood on the streets...

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Right that's the order in for when the market opens on HL, just under £10k's worth.

Time to pick me up some of washed out Centrica holder dough - wish me luck!

You deal using Hargreaves Lansdown?!?

LOL!

Compound charges much? Christ on a bike...

Comment

Always ignore the news. Bearish articles are often a contrarian indicator.

For the record I did not just pick this stock based on the previously posted 1-day chart. The Monthly chart below was also used. I've picked a stock at a 23 year low. The last monthly candle is also showing strong buying pressure. It is also 1000% away from its all time high of £400 in August of 2013.

When there's blood on the streets...

23 year low? jeez I wonder why. Have you seen their balance sheet?

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
          You deal using Hargreaves Lansdown?!?

LOL!

Compound charges much? Christ on a bike...

I don't get why folks complain about them so... only costs me around £12 per trade.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
            23 year low? jeez I wonder why. Have you seen their balance sheet?

I have. Remember this is a technical trade, not a long term hold. I'm only in it for the profits. Also I expect, if not already, dividend payments to be withdrawn. This will be good opportunity for them to build up much needed cash.

Comment

Gold closes above $1700 for the first time in 7 years

Gold Price Today | Price of Gold Per Ounce | 24 Hour Spot Chart | KITCO

Next stop the moon or $700.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Sell the news... deflation ahead. I knew it was going to go $1700.

Comment

trade locked - now off you go, onward and upward please.

Comment

trade locked - now off you go, onward and upward please.
                    Centrica? You have to be more specific in your predictions ....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Centrica? You have to be more specific in your predictions ....
                      Yup - my order had to go up to £36 to get filled.

Centrica names new boss

Cat Rutter Pooley 37 MINUTES AGOPrint this page0
                      It’s taken long enough. But Centrica, owner of British Gas, finally has itself a new boss. The FTSE 100 group has been on the lookout for a new chief executive since Iain Conn said last summer that he’d step down, with shareholders disgruntled over Mr Conn’s rising pay despite a falling share price.

Last month Centrica’s newly-appointed chairman Scott Wheway ended months of limbo by ousting Mr Conn and promoting finance director Chris O’Shea as interim chief executive. Now Mr O’Shea has been made permanent, accepted a more modest pension contribution — and taken a £100,000 pay cut for the duration of the coronavirus crisis.

Comment

Working...
                      X