• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Choose (Permie) Life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choose (Permie) Life

Choose Life. Choose your cubicle, choose a 60 minute commute, 360 degree feedback, biannual appraisal and SMART objectives. Choose deadlines, reports and recording your time in 30 minute segments. Choose office politics, pointless meetings, backstabbing and working with idiots. Choose a psychopath boss, doing the needful, working to 70 for a worthless Defined Contribution pension. Choose 28 days off a year and Statutory Redundancy. Choose your future, choose life.

But I chose not to choose life, I chose something else.
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post

FFS!! They haven't made you a Mod have they?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Hum, I think that PJ's anti-psychotics are wearing off

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Hum, I think that PJ's anti-psychotics are wearing off
        Good - it's the first sensible thing he's written (c:

Comment

Isn't the alternative death?

Comment

Choose Life. Choose your cubicle, choose a 60 minute commute, 360 degree feedback, biannual appraisal and SMART objectives. Choose deadlines, reports and recording your time in 30 minute segments. Choose office politics, pointless meetings, backstabbing and working with idiots. Choose a psychopath boss, doing the needful, working to 70 for a worthless Defined Contribution pension. Choose 28 days off a year and Statutory Redundancy. Choose your future, choose life.

Those in bold apply to 90% of contractors too.
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
              And CUK posters end up posting with idiots as well as working with them.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                And also do not apply to 100% of permies....

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X