• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Army trying to appeal to snowflakes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps Brillo's friend was a Quaker. That'd do it.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Perhaps Brillo's friend was a Quaker. That'd do it.
      Regular CoE churchgoer.

A pity there aren't more quakers around. They *tend* to keep quiet about their beliefs and try to help people. Like Cadburys.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Regular CoE churchgoer.

A pity there aren't more quakers around. They *tend* to keep quiet about their beliefs and try to help people. Like Cadburys.
        What, they get taken over by Kraft, go back on their promises and shaft everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          Excellent a german 'youth' army.

that went well last time..

Comment

It's all very well producing these adverts, once the intake realises that one of them is gay they will batter the crap out of him to the point it will effect squad morale.

There seems to be a belief that society is changing, it's not, the type of people that join up will pretty much always view homosexuals with complete suspicion and will, for example, refuse to shower with them.

Comment

What, they get taken over by Kraft, go back on their promises and shaft everyone?
              I was thinking of trying to ween the Birmingham population off gin and onto chocolate. Of providing good working and living conditions for their workers.

However I take your comments about more recent times.....

Comment

I was listening to the discussion on Radio 2 about this, this week and it was quite interesting. One of the main problems in getting new recruits was due to the fact that the recruitment process was crap however that doesn't seem to have improved, at all. The Tories outsourced the DRS (Defence Recruitment Service) to Capita and since then there have been so many complaints because the system doesn't work...

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/1...apita_drs_rpp/

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/th...equest.269029/
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  It's all very well producing these adverts, once the intake realises that one of them is gay they will batter the crap out of him to the point it will effect squad morale.

There seems to be a belief that society is changing, it's not, the type of people that join up will pretty much always view homosexuals with complete suspicion and will, for example, refuse to shower with them.
                  Society is changing, but not all of it and not all at once, and least of all squaddie fodder.

Working class have traditionally been rather more conservative than the middle class. Women's rights, gay rights, LGBTQ+#f2§ activists are/have been primarily reasonably well of left wing activitists.

I think it was George Orwell who observed that the problem with the working class (so far as middle class marxists are concerned) is that they're so conservative.

Comment

Society is changing, but not all of it and not all at once, and least of all squaddie fodder.

Working class have traditionally been rather more conservative than the middle class. Women's rights, gay rights, LGBTQ+#f2§ activists are/have been primarily reasonably well of left wing activitists.

I think it was George Orwell who observed that the problem with the working class (so far as middle class marxists are concerned) is that they're so conservative.
                    There have always been a good few gay folk in the army. I think it's probably the uniform that does it for them and the units with ceremonial duties with their furry hats... When I was in, one lad in my squad was Elton John gay in private despite being one of those hovering at the special forces selection level of competence and fitness. We knew it, our immediate bosses knew it, it just didn't go on record because he'd have been sacked within days and therefore had to be hidden.

The intolerant folk like pretending that there are no gays in the army while the rest of us get on with them being just part of normal society but having to stay hidden from the troglodyte minority. Much like football really...

Comment

Mates dad was in the Air force....

he/she is now his second mum.

and still in the air force.

Comment

Working...
                      X