• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BitCoin article for adults

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    The difference is you were lucky to get in when the cost was relatively little, or have much bigger balls than those of us that would have gotten in when the cost was relatively little but now are priced out as it's beyond our risk threshold.

Just remember to take your own advice and get out before the rush for the exit.
    There are alt coins that are going for pennies that are just getting started. They are going up quicker than BTC so you trade them to grow your BTC balance. I've made 0.5 BTC the last couple of weeks from alt coins, you just need to make the initial BTC purchase to be able to trade them.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Thing is in a few months time you'll look back at the price and wish you'd taken the plunge now - even with a little bit of beer money.
      I've said it to a few people it's well worth throwing in a small amount even now and the barrier for entry is ver very low. This has the potential to go to a crazy amount before it crashes. Even £50 could return a stupid amount.

Just be careful and never ever ever put in more than you're comfortable losing.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
        Absolutely, I don't have enough in to be bothered if I do lose it all though. Less than 4 days invoicing, meh.

I have a specific and not unreasonable aim in mind - a house deposit. I may consider cashing out completely when I get to the amount I want.

I doubt I'll be out completely, but definitely aim to be in a risk free position (i.e. taking out my original investment) very shortly.
        I have a similar plan to cash out along the way and build up a decent size FX trading account and covered call option stock portfolio. About 30k in each should do it.

had a family Xmas bash on the weekend and uncle-in-law who's a very established stock broker was very interested in this. The one piece advice was "For goodness sake take some profit as you go along".
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I have a similar plan to cash out along the way and build up a decent size FX trading account and covered call option stock portfolio. About 30k in each should do it.

had a family Xmas bash on the weekend and uncle-in-law who's a very established stock broker was very interested in this. The one piece advice was "For goodness sake take some profit as you go along".
          Yeah, I've just ordered an altcoin debit card. Load it up with GBP and spend. I'm gonna treat myself to a few things with that first of all. Then take out a chunk of cash.

I don't see things slowing down. People might have more time to get involved over the festive period, so the money will come in. January is perhaps the first point where the new money might slow down - when everyone has sobered up

Comment

There must be a term for anti-crypto rage and fist shaking. Even the Daily mash are at it:

Smug bitcoin bastards must get their comeuppance before New Year, demands Britain

I mean why do you people care so much about it? If you don't want to get involved then don't get involved with it. All this predicting and wanting it to crash (so you can have a chance at buying in when it's 'cheap') so badly just stinks of very very sour grapes.

Can't we just leave it at - Yes you don't trust it and are not invested in it - that's fine, and Yes we're in and we are very aware of the risks and have decided to take the 'gamble' and if it all goes up in smoke then we knew what we were getting in to.

But no you'll keep raging at it because you think it's too late and you've missed the boat and it angers you that others haven't are making silly returns that really shouldn't be happening. And I'll agree they are silly, I'm up about 120% in just over a month. believe me that's outside my comfort zone for sure!

Thing is in a few months time you'll look back at the price and wish you'd taken the plunge now - even with a little bit of beer money.

If the idea others to failing and losing everything makes you feel better then I'm glad I'm not you. I don't think any of us are in this with money we can't afford to lose - but if it takes off we'll do very well indeed.

Do yourself a favor and at least learn & understand the tech - you might find it's a 'hot skill' you need to learn anyway before long.

the only raging seems to be coming from the bulls

the bears here are peacefully discussing the subject

pots and kettles

how's this, longs we love you, good job, now will you let us get on with discussing the subject

we can make today a hug a long day

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              Morning All,

a BitCoin article for adults:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/412...ent-approaches

Lance, FrontLoader, Jogon and the other children, this is research material, you won't find it interesting.

Milan.
              yawn......
              some bloke (failed hedge fund worker) writes an article saying it's a bubble. He might be right, but it's hardly new news.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I appreciate you guys trying to teach an old dog not to just bark at the moon, but the only way the bubble persists is while people think there's a long way up to go. No one knows if that's the case or not so yes it's a gamble of unknown risk.

As for getting a small amount in the game just in case it does shoot to the moon. I'm not that confident the recent plateau (since futures for bitcoins became a thing) is just a temporary blip in that rise. The longer it stays fairly level the more chance of it going down than up as those that piled in for quick returns lose patience. So to make good money at the moment you need to risk more, if you weren't in before the recent massive rises.

As for alt coins. Some of the tech solutions may well be winners but I fear all the current coins will be hammered when bitcoin goes down. People as speculating in the alts as well as bitcoin and its forks, so all will be tarnished as doomed when the inevitable end occurs for bitcoin that is attracting all the chancers and dreamers.

Then maybe a relaunch of one of the long term feasible solutions will rise from the ashes and go on to world domination. That's the point I'm now waiting for, when all those burnt in the first phase fear of re-entering so price is much cheaper than current risk.

Good luck to all those in the game in the meantime. There has been and may still be silly money to be made while it's so volatile. Just too rich for my liking. I'm used to £25 payout a month on premium bonds, if I'm lucky.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

the only raging seems to be coming from the bulls

the bears here are peacefully discussing the subject

pots and kettles

how's this, longs we love you, good job, now will you let us get on with discussing the subject

we can make today a hug a long day

Milan.
                  nonsense. The thread title is "bitcoin article for adults". You've repeatedly called us children and you adults and come out with condescending comments about ladybird books.

Your either trolling or being a twunt, or both. Nothing peaceful about that.

Comment

the demand comes because so far, holding BitCoin is not visible nor transparent
                    Wrong on both counts. It is visible and transparent. How's the research doing? You don't seem to have grasped the basics yet.

You seem quite giddy about
                    a) it's not really a currency anyway, and
                    b) it's used by criminals

Oddly enough the criminals are the ones who do use it as a currency so your argument disappears into a loop of logic.
                    Your other argument is that it's a bubble and I don't believe anyone has argued against that.

everything else is just a dribbling lack of understanding and snarky comments that make you sound like a twunt.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                      nonsense. The thread title is "bitcoin article for adults". You've repeatedly called us children and you adults and come out with condescending comments about ladybird books.

Your either trolling or being a twunt, or both. Nothing peaceful about that.

ok, FrontLoader,

I humbly apologise for behaving in an offensive manner calling you children

and secondly I humbly apologise for behaving in a condescending manner and suggesting that you read LadyBird books

apologies for the rage I have demonstrated in these two respects

Can we now discuss the pro's and cons of the subjects together ?

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X