• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bitcoin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Not while it's open to government interference. They won't allow the plebs to hold the value when they can regulate and restrict it to their 'backers'.

First they'll come for the exchanges, ...

The internet is only as free as your ISP
    Exactly why Zencash is going to take off. A financial platform with built in IP ghosting and encrypted peer to peer transaction via secure nodes. A first in blockchain.

I think the market for privacy is growing faster than there's need for criminals to use it. Ordinary people want to reclaim some privacy the government has striped away from them over the years. Reap what you sow.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The government always wins. If they can't restrict access they'll invent some detector vans to scare the people into not hodling at fear of a knock on the door. Crapita bogeymen are everywhere.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Prepare the Vaseline...
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The government always wins. If they can't restrict access they'll invent some detector vans to scare the people into not hodling at fear of a knock on the door. Crapita bogeymen are everywhere.
          How much do you actually know about crypto/blockchain?
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            How much do you actually know about crypto/blockchain?
            Doesn't matter. I'm not the one that will be wanting to control it as it gets more public awareness and especially if there's serious real spendable money to be made out of it.

The recent ramping up of bitcoin prices has sounded its own death knell. Too volatile to be a true currency (how much is a loaf of bread? how much now? how much now? ) and too visible to take over by stealth so it was already in wide accepted use by non-techy general public before the governments tried to control it.

Of course that's about as guaranteed as the future price of bitcoin. The future will happen, anyone can only guess what that future will actually be.

Place your bets but the house always wins, eventually.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Not while it's open to government interference. They won't allow the plebs to hold the value when they can regulate and restrict it to their 'backers'.

First they'll come for the exchanges, ...

The internet is only as free as your ISP.
              We will all switch to Russian Crypto coins, bought and sold on the dark web. It's the future I tell you. Safe and cheap transactions for the masses!

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                We will all switch to Russian Crypto coins, bought and sold on the dark web. It's the future I tell you. Safe and cheap transactions for the masses!

True. Someone always controls it, whether it be government or 'the mob'.

If they can't control the tech they'll just outlaw it and control the people.

Comment

Comment

Doesn't matter. I'm not the one that will be wanting to control it as it gets more public awareness and especially if there's serious real spendable money to be made out of it.

The recent ramping up of bitcoin prices has sounded its own death knell. Too volatile to be a true currency (how much is a loaf of bread? how much now? how much now? ) and too visible to take over by stealth so it was already in wide accepted use by non-techy general public before the governments tried to control it.

Of course that's about as guaranteed as the future price of bitcoin. The future will happen, anyone can only guess what that future will actually be.

Place your bets but the house always wins, eventually.
                    So you're another 'expert' who doesnt understand it but think you know enough to predict its demise.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Interesting observations in this article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/12/t...edictions.html

Bitcoin isn't a currency, it's an asset. Hardly anyone is spending bitcoin making purchases, they are investing in it, and spending the profits of its amazing rise in value. When it crashes, it will make some people poor, when it rises, it will make some people rich.
                      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                      X