• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bitcoin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had my nephew call me, asking how he can into Bitcoin "big time". He's always completely skint, but told me he secured a big personal loan for this, and isn't worried because he will double his money in a matter of weeks or months. This is a guy that can barely afford to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I had my nephew call me, asking how he can into Bitcoin "big time". He's always completely skint, but told me he secured a big personal loan for this, and isn't worried because he will double his money in a matter of weeks or months. This is a guy that can barely afford to eat.
      Tell him to cash out his initial investment when (if) it doubles then play with the house's money
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Tell him to cash out his initial investment when (if) it doubles then play with the house's money
        If he lost £50 he'd probably be declared bankrupt. He's a single father living in a council house with two very young kids. Him and his mates are dreaming of being crypto-millionaires, but they haven't got a penny to spare.

Comment

If he lost £50 he'd probably be declared bankrupt. He's a single father living in a council house with two very young kids. Him and his mates are dreaming of being crypto-millionaires, but they haven't got a penny to spare.
          There is a lot of 'dumb retail money' pouring into this space
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

What happened to the children's mother?

I hope the kids will be okay.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              What happened to the children's mother?

I hope the kids will be okay.....
              She ran off with some sexy older guy.

Comment

She ran off with some sexy older guy.
                By sexy you mean rich?

Tragedy for the kids. Kids need 2 parents.

Comment

It's like the lottery, attracting all the dreamers that are unhappy with life and the shortcomings of our government to improve it.

Sadly unless they are very lucky at getting out before the crash, they'll just end up in a much worse position. At least with the lottery they're only risking a few quid a week.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                    It's like the lottery, attracting all the dreamers that are unhappy with life and the shortcomings of our government to improve it.

Sadly unless they are very lucky at getting out before the crash, they'll just end up in a much worse position. At least with the lottery they're only risking a few quid a week.
                    And you'll feel a lot better at missing out on the train that still hasn't left the station

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

How is having 48 bitcoins a worse position?
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X