• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jerusalem is Israel's capital, says Donald Trump

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Should we first deal with the issue that you are a cretin? Because that might usefully contextualise the conversation.
    Cretin or not, your are the one who is seeming to forget that it was us Europeans who slaughtered the Jews in their 1000s and now we are making the Palestinians pay for it..... Maybe it's not such a big deal to you but slaughter of innocents on such a scale is a big deal in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      Cretin or not, your are the one who is seeming to forget that it was us Europeans who slaughtered the Jews in their 1000s and now we are making the Palestinians pay for it..... Maybe it's not such a big deal to you but slaughter of innocents on such a scale is a big deal in my eyes.
      This illustrates the point. We need to acknowledge and interpret your cretinism first, before deciding whether or not to bother trying to make some kind of sense out of your deranged ramblings.

Comment

This illustrates the point. We need to acknowledge and interpret your cretinism first, before deciding whether or not to bother trying to make some kind of sense out of your deranged ramblings.
        It's very easy to criticise others as cretins, deranged or otherwise. It's what the Israelis do to anybody who questions their actions - immediately it's antisemitism - so well done for learning that from them. What is more difficult is to look at what others are saying and to respond in a meaningful way.... I get that's difficult for you so don't worry.

Comment

So how about the British government, who are implicit in their support of the Saudi's bombing Yemen, offering to give up some land for those made homeless in Yemen?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It's very easy to criticise others as cretins, deranged or otherwise. It's what the Israelis do to anybody who questions their actions - immediately it's antisemitism - so well done for learning that from them. What is more difficult is to look at what others are saying and to respond in a meaningful way.... I get that's difficult for you so don't worry.
            Then let's illustrate the difficulties in not tackling your cretinism first.

your [sic] are the one who is [sic] seeming to forget that it was us Europeans who slaughtered the Jews in their 1000s and now we are making the Palestinians pay for it
            You seem to be applying some Nazi Germany style collective guilt to Europeans for past and present actions. I've never been involved in slaughtering Jews or in making Palestinians pay for it. Similarly, you seem to suggest that the current German population should give up territory for actions that >99% of them will have had no part in.

Anyway that is just an example to indulge you, and as we've got the other matter out of the way, tell us about your cretinism. How come you're so thick? There's no point moving on until we've worked it through.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Tricky. The Israelites haven't been around for around 2000-2500 years (depending on your definition). The Israelis on the other hand...

You really are posting some testicular nonsense. I was merely pointing out in response to an earlier post, that the conflict isn't really about "them on our land" any more but past injustices, plus for some, a few other factors - among many.

And you're a hypocrite. But it's not surprising from one of the unthinking-anti-Israel mob. Anything that suggests that the Palistinians are other than helpless and hapless victims, and that the problem would all go away if the Jews would stop being so beastly, is instantly seen as propaganda and excusing Israels "crimes". Are you a Corbyn supporter or a member of the SWP? The inability to think outside of slogans seems to indicate it.

I personally know some Palestinians and Israeli citizens - including some Jews. I wouldn't pretend that gives me any deeper knowledge of the whole issue and history, but it does mean I see the pro/antagonists from the perspective of people, not politics, and I think understand that it's not as clear cut as certain people would like it to be. I certainly do not have the view that Paddy describes, of "Israel, right no matter what". I've never heard the gentiles are inferior idea in Christian cricles - though obviously in some more orthodox Jewish circles it can be the view.

I note you completely ignore my later comment concerning the desired Palestinian capital. Not surprising, since it doesn't fit into your narrow mindset.
              You seem to be arguing with an imaginary version of me as you seem to be extrapolating about my personal character and political loyalties based on words I have never uttered. You need to relax, I don’t have any connection to Corbyn or the SWP and I don’t have any blind ideological allegiance to Arabs, Jews, Palestinians or Israeli’s. I am however interested in history and current events and I have been to the region multiple times. It is quite obvious to anyone who is impartial that horrible injustices have been committed against the native inhabitants of Palestine and they continue to be oppressed in a way that should be anathema to any state which claims to be a Western style democracy. And I don’t agree… it is clear cut, very clear cut and it is in fact super clear to nearly every nation in the world except for Israel and the United States. Just because an issue is complex doesn’t mean you cannot come to a reasonable conclusion about who is to blame and why. Israel would be a pariah state if it wasn’t for the US veto

Comment

Then let's illustrate the difficulties in not tackling your cretinism first.

You seem to be applying some Nazi Germany style collective guilt to Europeans for past and present actions. I've never been involved in slaughtering Jews or in making Palestinians pay for it. Similarly, you seem to suggest that the current German population should give up territory for actions that >99% of them will have had no part in.

Anyway that is just an example to indulge you, and as we've got the other matter out of the way, tell us about your cretinism. How come you're so thick? There's no point moving on until we've worked it through.
                So that's the response I was hoping for - you are right - Europeans are not responsible for the actions of the Germans. However, our nation is responsible for "sending" the Jews to Palestine to go and create their own state and actually wipe off the state of another people. In terms of the German population, they are regularly reminded of their part in the holocaust and if you have come across the book called "The Holocaust Industry" then you would realise that the Germans and others are still paying for it..... So if the Germans are the ones most to blame and should be the ones paying for the damage then why go and wipe another country off the map? And then when a former president of another country (Iran) comes and says we should "Wipe Israel off the map" it's suddenly such a big deal? Can nobody see the double standards and hypocrisy at every level? Our nation and the German nation are both responsible for a) wiping a country off the map and b) for massacring a hell of a lot of Jews..... Palestinians are not responsible for either.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  So how about the British government, who are implicit in their support of the Saudi's bombing Yemen, offering to give up some land for those made homeless in Yemen?
                  That would be less of an injustice than slaughtering a few million people and then punishing a country 2000 miles away for it.... Good example.

Comment

So that's the response I was hoping for - you are right - Europeans are not responsible for the actions of the Germans. However, our nation is responsible for "sending" the Jews to Palestine to go and create their own state and actually wipe off the state of another people. In terms of the German population, they are regularly reminded of their part in the holocaust and if you have come across the book called "The Holocaust Industry" then you would realise that the Germans and others are still paying for it..... So if the Germans are the ones most to blame and should be the ones paying for the damage then why go and wipe another country off the map? And then when a former president of another country (Iran) comes and says we should "Wipe Israel off the map" it's suddenly such a big deal? Can nobody see the double standards and hypocrisy at every level? Our nation and the German nation are both responsible for a) wiping a country off the map and b) for massacring a hell of a lot of Jews..... Palestinians are not responsible for either.
                    I'm going to have to stop you there. I've indulged you by illustrating your cretinism, and now we really do have to deal with it. Please do engage.

Comment

I'm going to have to stop you there. I've indulged you by illustrating your cretinism, and now we really do have to deal with it. Please do engage.
                      And ignore the important topic at hand...... No thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X