• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Declining Quality of Posts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
    Troll love, not hobbit
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
      Well, I'm not going to leave bogey, so do as you please.
      Oh, I think you will, Lucy.

You will leave just as soon as you realise that you can't further your agenda here.

Some of the blokes here may be temporarily captivated by your faux 'femme fatal' persona, thinking you are your avatar (witless fools) - but...

I see through you.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Administrator!

SallyAnne is being violent!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto
          Administrator!

SallyAnne is being violent!

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

No? ok, sorry.

Administrator!

SallyAnne is over-using the exclamation mark!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto
              No? ok, sorry.

Administrator!

SallyAnne is over-using the exclamation mark!

Pack that in!

I'm already upset cause I think Zeity is ignoring m
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

From someone who only dips in now and then (but reads the board nearly every day), I would like to make some observations.

The previous board, had it's fair share of drama on occassions, but that mostly revolved around the daily baiting of the Forum Troll, plus idle banter and rivalry between a few posters. It never seemed to get nasty, sordid or spiteful. The quality of the posts also seemed much better. There were no polls on "What Pot Noodle Shall I Eat Tonight" or other similiar drivel.

However, in recent months, this board has degenerated into a cess-pit of nasty, snide, vindictive comments and personal attacks and victimisations against certain people. The friendly rivalry and banter has taken a darker turn and become more viscious and personal.

I can only surmise, that either

a) The new board contains subliminal "blipverts" that are unnoticable to the concious eye, yet carry sinister messages to post complete garbage and hateful invective,

or

b) The board has seen an influx of some members who feel that it is their right to wind others up with as much vitriol as possible, in order to provoke a reaction. This is not gentle rivalry, but more deliberate spitefulness, and needs to be addressed before the Board folds completely, which it is in danger of doing.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Bloody hell ... I go into a meeting and everything kicks off.

I'll be the first to say that I post pointless threads sometimes (hopefully not as much as atw, who incidentally is so sadly competitve that he wants to be the person with the most posts). I hope those threads are at least witty and/or humourous. But I also have deep and detailed cionversations about anything ranging from the Iraq war, religion etc.

Lucy/SA et. al I think Bogeyman does have a point ...your posting rates are way above average and lets face it they are of the female gossip variety.

So I suggest we all calm down and post gossipy, lightweight threads in the Light Relief section (perhaps the Mods can help!). Oh and atw, enough of the polls and details of your lunch and how many miles you're (NOT!) going to run today. You were more interesting when you were deep into SKA, which is at least a worthwhile and constructive attempt.
                  Last edited by sasguru; 30 November 2006, 17:22.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm sorry - that's far too constructive!!

Next...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Hmm how can we increase the quality then?

It must be said that I enjoya good debate as much as the next person, however the interesting debating topics don't seem to be coming up too often recently.

I guess I can always go consipiricy theory on every topic, but i'll get told to sod off if I do (EVEN THOUGH IT'S ALL TRUE!!!)

Comment

Working...
                      X