• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Older parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that's my chances of topping up my pension done for isn't it!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Down's syndrome for "elderly" mothers... schizophrenia for elderly fathers...

There was an article in New Scientist the other week. 21st October 2006 issue.

Cutoff age for sperm donation is 40...

"The children of older dads are also more likely to have chromosomal disorders... Older men are more likely to father children with autism, epilepsy, or schizophrenia. A man of 40 has the same risk of having a child with schizophrenia as a woman of 40 has of having a down's syndrome child"...

etc.

etc.
      They recon hæmophilia in the European royal families is down to King what's-his-name fathering kids in his forties.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        They recon hæmophilia in the European royal families is down to King what's-his-name fathering kids in his forties.
        Oh Threaded Threaded - Noooooooo

Random mutation, Y chromosome does not mask, males only, lethal gene in females so they can only be carriers.
        Last edited by Zippy; 30 November 2006, 19:54. Reason: Imprecision
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy
          Oh Threaded Threaded - Noooooooo

Random mutation, Y chromosome does not mask, males only, lethal gene in females so they can only be carriers.
          Yes, and is why some people think Queen Victorias dad (King what's-is-name), was someone other than who is was supposed to be (Kent).
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            It was down to Victoria's father, whoever he was. 50s I think.
            A haemophiliac lived into his 50's? Unlikely. Victoria must have inherited the gene from her mother (or spontaneous mutation)
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Probably why Queen Victoria killed all those prossies in Whitechapel.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                Probably why Queen Victoria killed all those prossies in Whitechapel.
                Are you suggesting that Vicky was "the Ripper"? Ithought it was...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                  Are you suggesting that Vicky was "the Ripper"? Ithought it was...
                  Some Fooking Mason!! I wouldn't be surprised...........bunch of insecure paranoid weirdos with goat issues!!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                  X