• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

crap week and its only wednesday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just great. no sympathies at all...typical.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Mf

Great news!

Viktor sorry to hear about your troubles, lots of ignorant jobsworths probably, however as suggested a decent brief would be a wise investment, last thing you want is to be kicked out as they won't let you back in.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Viktor
        Even if I'm one of Dracula's vampires???
        H

Viktor

how do romanians go about getting a visa to work here in the first place? Can brits go and work in Romania?

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
          Just great. no sympathies at all...typical.
          Nope, no sympathy. Mine was worse I think.

Ex told me Sunday she is moving with kids and won't tell me where!
          Little brother died Saturday morning and my sh!tty family have yet to tell me. Found out from friends on Monday!

So nope no sympathy from me!!

Comment

tulip. Sorry Pig. You have my condolences.

lilelvis2000 - you're clearly going to have to try harder!

Comment

Thanks all for your support on Lily. We can bring her home w/e and she still has a few weeks to mend.

But running back and forth from the hostpial in Bath to my contract nr London and making up the hours at all times of the day and night has been to much for me and I have given them early notice. One of the few times in contracting I have done this.

Never give a contractor Mission critical stuff.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Glad to hear she's over the worst MF

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                  Thanks all for your support on Lily. We can bring her home w/e and she still has a few weeks to mend.

But running back and forth from the hostpial in Bath to my contract nr London and making up the hours at all times of the day and night has been to much for me and I have given them early notice. One of the few times in contracting I have done this.

Never give a contractor Mission critical stuff.
                  Most of the time, the client gives you early notice

Glad to hear Lily's doing well. I've just landed a gig in London, so if you still want to meet up in December let me know. This lot will probably want to hijack it though, so we'll be fighting off ladyboys all night. Still, you're used to that...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

"This lot will probably want to hijack it though, so we'll be fighting off ladyboys all night. Still, you're used to that... " - I thought i'd told you not to bring your missus - she always comes on to me.

Actually surprisingly the agent was quite good about it. Was surprised I stuck it as long as I did.

Shame as I reckon I could be here for a long time, but I know Im going to have to work over xmas on top of everything else and to be honest I just need to take the time off.

So London it is then. I would imagine the sasguru(Donald), AtW(Alexei), Mordac(Peter), Xoggoth(Maxwell), Lucy(Bob), Cojak(Jacko) and Frankco(Quentin) will all be turning up and a night of diet coke and soda water will commence!!
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                      "This lot will probably want to hijack it though, so we'll be fighting off ladyboys all night. Still, you're used to that... " - I thought i'd told you not to bring your missus - she always comes on to me.

Actually surprisingly the agent was quite good about it. Was surprised I stuck it as long as I did.

Shame as I reckon I could be here for a long time, but I know Im going to have to work over xmas on top of everything else and to be honest I just need to take the time off.

So London it is then. I would imagine the sasguru(Donald), AtW(Alexei), Mordac(Peter), Xoggoth(Maxwell), Lucy(Bob), Cojak(Jacko) and Frankco(Quentin) will all be turning up and a night of diet coke and soda water will commence!!
                      Good to hear about your daughter, MF.

Sadly I won't be turning up as I don't want to show up you geeks with my wealth, style and good looks

Donald
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X