• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Duty Free after Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duty Free after Brexit

I had some of this the other day in Stockholm, ruddy luvverly it were...

So when I see it in duty free, I make a beeline for it only to discover it's only on sale for non eu flights.

What's going on there then? Never had this issue bringing back Cardinal Mendoza from Spain.

I said to the girl in the shop that I'll be bank after Brexit so I can buy some. She gave me a withering look.

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post

I said to the girl in the shop that I'll be bank after Brexit so I can buy some. She gave me a withering look.
    It's bad, innit, when even shop-girls know what a moron you are.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Duty Free does not mean profit free. In the days of duty free many products were still cheaper in mainland Europe
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I had some of this the other day in Stockholm, ruddy luvverly it were...

So when I see it in duty free, I make a beeline for it only to discover it's only on sale for non eu flights.

What's going on there then? Never had this issue bringing back Cardinal Mendoza from Spain.

Is that a picture of the EEA reindeer tulipting in your duty free?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          It's bad, innit, when even shop-girls know what a moron you are.
          If you say so.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Duty Free does not mean profit free. In the days of duty free many products were still cheaper in mainland Europe
            Not much good these days when you're hand luggage only.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Is that a picture of the EEA reindeer tulipting in your duty free?
              I initially thought it was a rabbit, had to stare at it a while to see the antlers.

Comment

Not much good these days when you're hand luggage only.
                You can take your car on a ferry. Scenic Carlingford Ferry ~ Carlingford Ferry - your passage to adventure

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I initially thought it was a rabbit, had to stare at it a while to see the antlers.

Maybe it's a British rabbit wearing fake antlers to pretend to be a reindeer in order to get the full benefits of EU citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

It's a hare. A horny hare,I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X