• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who the f' pees in a swimming pool?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    A regular swimmer once said peeing in the pool is fine. Its people that don't wipe their arse properly that are the bigger issue.

Maybe needs some bottom inspectors?
    The chlorine in the pool will kill off all bacteria

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      It also makes me itchy. Especially at the Swanley pool - I guess due to the feral kids there they added more.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Not always.

I use to get scabby skin after swimming and I wasn't and am not the only one. Oh and I don't have eczema.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Not always.

I use to get scabby skin after swimming and I wasn't and am not the only one. Oh and I don't have eczema.
          Was that due to too much chlorine?

Comment

Of course lake swimming has its own issues. Rats pee.

Which is fine in the lake. However be careful what you touch on the ground or has been in contact with the ground.

After my triple IM swim 10% of the competitors got leptospirosis. All the drinks bottles and food were on the ground.

After that they put tables out. Never had an issue since.

Comment

After my triple IM swim 10% of the competitors got leptospirosis. All the drinks bottles and food were on the ground.
              Sure that wasn't the time you shat yourself? Blaming the rats is cheap Brillo.

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                Sure that wasn't the time you shat yourself? Blaming the rats is cheap Brillo.
                Totally different lake. That time was the lake next to the sewage plant and the power station.

Comment

Was that due to too much chlorine?
                  No. Seriously it is due to the chemical reaction of urine with chlorine.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Remember one of my kids tulipting in the pool. Swim nappies are not all that as I found out.....

Brown "oil slick". Grabbed them out sharpish.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      And it's not just kids...
                      19% of adults admitted to having urinated in a swimming pool at least once.
                      And professional swimmers have confessed to being among the most regular offenders.

scientific test finding up to 75 litres of urine in public pools

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...eals-the-truth
                      Not me.

Never use them - can't bear the places.

The walk from the changing room through that little pool of disinfectant into the warm, cloying, chlorine laced atmosphere always made me feel like I was on a one way trip to a gas chamber.

They don't use chlorine anymore, apparently, though the damage is done.

Comment

Working...
                      X