• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ian Dury Reasons To Be Cheerful tickets tomorrow (weds)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian Dury Reasons To Be Cheerful tickets tomorrow (weds)

Pair of tickets for tomorrow night .. me and my mate Jim are going and our wives aren't coming any more so got a pair of tickets for this

Reasons to be cheerful

£23 face value

if you are interested BID me via DM :-)

cheers

Chris
    Last edited by WTFH; 25 October 2017, 07:36. Reason: Correcting the URL

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
    Pair of tickets for tomorrow night .. me and my mate Jim are going and our wives aren't coming any more so got a pair of tickets for this

http://www.stratfordeast.com/whats-on/a ... e-cheerful

£23 face value

if you are interested BID me via DM :-)

cheers

Chris

No umbraco document matches the url '/404/?404;http://www.stratfordeast.com:80/whats-on/a'.
    Is that a musical about ID (God forbid) or a performance by the Blockheads?

Edit: Ah....it's a musical.
    Last edited by Big Blue Plymouth; 24 October 2017, 19:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      Is that a musical about ID (God forbid) or a performance by the Blockheads?

Edit: Ah....it's a musical.
      yeah its a musical .. and the cast celebrates & features disabled actors/musicians and has good reviews

Reasons To Be Cheerful | 2017 UK Tour | What's On

Comment

There’s a musical version of Angela’s Ashes on at the Bord Gáis theatre here...

Comment

From 20 Sets that Shook Glastonbury

They were mud-bombed off stage in '85

The truth is some bands hate being at Glastonbury. There was the Manics not getting into the spirit in 1994, Conor Oberst christening the John Peel Stage in 2005 with a tirade against the late DJ, and back
          in 1985 there was an almighty strop from the headliners. By Saturday night that year, 40,000 goths whacked off their bongo on carrot cake and LSD had spent three days wading through fields more treacherous than Ypres, putting up with surprise performances from New Model Army (gee, thanks) and a set from The Boomtown Rats. Before too long, the mud was a-flinging. After hours spent covering long-forgotten post-punks with cow tulip, fans welcomed Ian Dury with his Blockheads to the main stage. But habits are hard to break and Dury came under a sloppy attack. Forty minutes later he stormed off with DJ Andy Kershaw ticking off the crowd. Only after plenty of ego-buttering did they return for ‘Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick’, but by then, unity had been torn asunder.
          Completely unjustified, I'm sure though Geldof's lot deserved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
            From 20 Sets that Shook Glastonbury

They were mud-bombed off stage in '85

Completely unjustified, I'm sure though Geldof's lot deserved it.

actually jim was at that glastonbury gig and I mentioned this post ... he said he really remembers King ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_(new_wave_band) ) getting a massive blob of mud right in the middle of a lovely red jumper and they were pelted more than most

anyway the theatre show was excellent ... half the cast wore their disability with pride and it was a very powerful show

Comment

Working...
            X