• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jealousy - family etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    What chavtastic backgrounds some of you lot come from
    And yet we all end up here together.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      She left school with zero qualifications, I went to college. Of course (and shes said it), I get paid for sitting in an office tapping keys all day not doing real work.
      This is easy. When she next says this, tell her that it is incredibly easy and simply involves sitting on your backside "tapping keys all day". And, in fact, it's so easy even a blind monkey could do it, so why isn't she doing it and earning a fortune?

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
        This is easy. When she next says this, tell her that it is incredibly easy and simply involves sitting on your backside "tapping keys all day". And, in fact, it's so easy even a blind monkey could do it, so why isn't she doing it and earning a fortune?
        It is easy. Hence the frequent JSA claims.

Comment

Following on my comment about family expecting presents from holidays.

Make sure I NEVER tell family how much I earn. They do my head in. I'm not that loaded but we do OK. Wife only works part-time as a nurse so her income is not massive. But, we do have nice holidays and the rest of the family know this.

Number of times I've been called LUCKY. Pisses me right off. Don't speak to wife's sister because shes got a massive chip on her shoulder how we've got things that she hasn't. But apparently its because I'm lucky.

She left school with zero qualifications, I went to college. Of course (and shes said it), I get paid for sitting in an office tapping keys all day not doing real work.

Many times I'm tempted to say well you should have listened in school but my mrs wont let me!

Anyone else get this?

BTW. I certainly was not brought up with silver spoon in my mouth. My upbringing/background probably could not have been worse/disadvantageous to be honest. Come from a very poor family - which I guess is why my dear sister in law winds me up so much.
          We were so poor we didn't have one penny to rub together.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            We were so poor we didn't have one penny to rub together.
            We are so poor we only have one butler.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              INKSPE

Comment

Make sure I NEVER tell family how much I earn. They do my head in. I'm not that loaded but we do OK. Wife only works part-time as a nurse so her income is not massive. But, we do have nice holidays and the rest of the family know this.

Comment

My sister is always telling me I'm lucky and I always correct her. What's lucky about making better choices than someone else? I'd never tell her what I earn though. She's had enough off me as it is. My brother, who is on a very low wage, does know but it doesn't phase him at all. Bless him he thinks I deserve it. He never asks me for money although I've offered it enough times. He's a great bloke who was brilliant at helping to care for our dad and brother before their deaths, so I buy him nice birthday presents or give him cash so he can get himself what he wants.

I'm also comparatively loaded because I buy virtually all my clothes from charity shops. It's a habit I got into as a student and I see no reason to change it. And I love a great deal.
                  Last edited by Elliegirl; 28 September 2017, 18:47.

Comment

Come from a small family so I guess it's not too much of an issue. Mum always talks about my uncle though (her sisters husband) who lives in a multi-million pound house. Apparently he was lucky, only got picked for the big job because he was stupid and easy to control.

I think seeing that kind of jealously helped me not ever feel like that myself!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      We're so poor we only have Alexa as a pretend butler.

Comment

Working...
                      X