• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blair 'sorrow' over slave trade

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Again, for those who missed it the first 7 times I said it, it's not you who is apologising - its the country.
    Balderdash. What is this "country"? You speak as if it has nothing to do with me!

We people are the country! Unless you think that somehow the inanimate island itself should apologise!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      Balderdash. What is this "country"? You speak as if it has nothing to do with me!

We people are the country! Unless you think that somehow the inanimate island itself should apologise!

First of all, well done for the use of balderdash

I think the people and the country are 2 very different things.

The country is the establishment, the laws, the structures, the pilicies, the system....the things which allowed slavery to happen.
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

In 1452, the Pope declared that the possession of slaves was the right of all Christians.

Comment

The country is the establishment, the laws, the structures, the pilicies, the system....the things which allowed slavery to happen.
          So who will apologise - Tony Blair? The elected representative of the people who speaks for the people? The Queen? Whoever you appoint they speak for the people of this country and we have nothing to apologise for.

Comment

I have to disagree Sal, we are the people who allow these things to happen.

We vote for the structures, the policies, the establishment.

There are a number of families and firms in this country who reap the benefits of slavery, and all I can say is, I don't care enough to do anything about it, and those who do should.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
              Ester Stanford, the secretary of the Rendezvous of Victory Campaign, said: "This statement of regret does not go far enough.

"What is now required is a dialogue about how we repair the legacies of enslavement, and we're talking about educational repairs, we're talking about economic repairs, family repairs, cultural repairs, repairs of every kind that we need to recreate and sustain ourselves - it will cost."
              This is the black chick that was on tv this morning. Farking tree hugging gay lesbo commie pinko anti-white male mole!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Pope Benedict XVI
                In 1452, the Pope declared that the possession of slaves was the right of all Christians.

Yes you're right - the church had a LOT to do with it!
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Are you going to address the points that we've raised SA?

Comment

No - it *may* be described as a racist attack if a white man beat up a black man with no apparent provocation.
                    Farken rubbish. If I beat someone up with no apparent provocation why does that become a racist attack? Surely its only a racist attack if one of the motivators was the colour of the victim?

Otherwise this kind of attack falls under the "just plain bad luck" rule!

Honestly Sal, sometimes you are full of teko!

Mailman

Comment

Yes you're right - the church had a LOT to do with it!
                      Strange how nobody is making the church apologise and pay for it, even more strange if you look at how many black people are christians....

At the end of the day this is some pinko wannabe commie muppets who are looking for an easy way to get money and Mr Tony B Liar gave them a reason to think they may well get some.

How the hell is insisting that public apologies be made for things that happened centuries ago and demanding compensation which as tax payers we will all end up paying going to help race relations in this country ???

Comment

Working...
                      X