• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blair 'sorrow' over slave trade

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumile
    This is the same argument that's being used in Australia (and NZ, too?) for the land claims and "stolen generation". It's been proven to work there, so it's being used here and will presumably have the same result.
    Naw, those are completely different cases.

The abbo's got done over good and proper and it was only recently that the concept of terra nulis (sp?) was overturned in the courts. This concept effectively rendered them abbo's landless.

In NZ's case you Poms stuffed yourselves by signing a treaty with the Maori and then promptly breaking that treaty. I mean honestly, if you wanted to invade and take a country over dont go signing treaties with the local heathens! You only have yourselves to blame for stuffing that one up!

Mailman

Comment

Theres nothing wrong with sticking your hand up and saying "atually, yeah, we screwed up there. We fixed it in the end, but yes, we apologise for being a part of it".

What's wrong with that? This country thinks its perfect, and it isn't, and certainly hasn't always been.

Say sorry, move on. End of.
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

You are right SA, there is nothing wrong with saying sorry. Actually saying sorry is the easiest thing to do...the hard bit is in meaning you are sorry!

BUT that black chick was a very good reason to never say sorry. She was ashamed of her name (Stamford, as that was a slave traders name) when in reality she probably has nothing to do with the slavers with the same name!

Farken I would not say sorry just because of her and out of spite! In fact, Id probably call for the reintroduction of slavery (but this time make all them chavs slaves ).

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
          You are right SA, there is nothing wrong with saying sorry. Actually saying sorry is the easiest thing to do...the hard bit is in meaning you are sorry!
          Mailman

I thought sorry was the hardest word?

Please dont enslave the chavs - they are brighter than you give hem credit for.
          We witnessed the best chav moment ever last weekend - a lad walked into Greggs in his chav suit (navy blue trackies tucked into his socks), and put 4 baguettes down his pants, and walked off!!!

Thats why they tuck them into their socks! Its pure genius really!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
            Theres nothing wrong with sticking your hand up and saying "atually, yeah, we screwed up there. We fixed it in the end, but yes, we apologise for being a part of it".

What's wrong with that? This country thinks its perfect, and it isn't, and certainly hasn't always been.

What are you on about? There is everything wrong in saying sorry for something you didn't do. Why should I say sorry for something I had absolutely nothing to do with?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              What are you on about? There is everything wrong in saying sorry for something you didn't do. Why should I say sorry for something I had absolutely nothing to do with?

YOU shouldn't say sorry. The country should though.

Theres a massive difference.
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

The point is that some people are trying to hold us to account for things done hundreds of years ago by people we don't know/never did know. Nobody in thier right mind would seriously think it is alright to wander off to another country and grab 20 black people, flog them a bit and bring them back here to do all the chores. Why make a big fuss about it now? Yes some pretty horrible things were done hundreds of years ago, but if you dig deep enough i'm sure you will find lots of horrible things done to white people by black people as well. (Will we get an apology for all the people eaten by cannibals? Would we expect to? I think you'll find the answer is No in both cases)

All this is, is a bit of OTT PC crap that somebody has thought up, and some other people have obviously thought they can make a bit of money out of it. All a load of BS IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                  The point is that some people are trying to hold us to account for things done hundreds of years ago by people we don't know/never did know. Nobody in thier right mind would seriously think it is alright to wander off to another country and grab 20 black people, flog them a bit and bring them back here to do all the chores. Why make a big fuss about it now? Yes some pretty horrible things were done hundreds of years ago, but if you dig deep enough i'm sure you will find lots of horrible things done to white people by black people as well. (Will we get an apology for all the people eaten by cannibals? Would we expect to? I think you'll find the answer is No in both cases)

All this is, is a bit of OTT PC crap that somebody has thought up, and some other people have obviously thought they can make a bit of money out of it. All a load of BS IMHO.

Oh Ardesco, are you winding me up? You just cant be serious!!! I dont even know where to start with all that crap.

Apologising for the slave trade is NOT being politically correct FFS!!!
                  And please tell me where this tribe of black cannibals who have feasted upon white man for years is?

Actually, do you know what, bravo. Bravo for having the stupidist, most utterly bollocksy post, to date.

The pope is a tard.

Comment

I thought sorry was the hardest word?
                    You thought wrong didnt you

Mailman

Comment

BTW, where the slaves brought to England to be slaves? I mean, come on...that black chick might have a point if slaves were used here in England in the cotton mills!

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                      X