• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal tulipe food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    This thread exists within a context of broader Internet and CUK discourse of Muslim baiting. I do of course understand why you would want to narrow down the scope of the conversation to avoid this awkwardness.

If you are unhappy with the way this conversation is turning, maybe this isn't the right forum for you.
    No need to feel awkward about showing antipathy to the brand of Islam that's being promulgated in this country and elsewhere at the moment.

You have to be seriously deluded to think that this doesn't pose a threat to our way of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      No need to feel awkward about showing antipathy to the brand of Islam that's being promulgated in this country and elsewhere at the moment.

You have to be seriously deluded to think that this doesn't pose a threat to our way of life.
      I thought this was about animal welfare. How curious.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        Kid works hard at 11+ and goes to a good local grammar school. At lunch they only serve halal meat.
        And just found out that when my mum was in a local hospital here, again they only served halal meat.

What the f**ks the deal here?

I'm all for integration and equality but this just smacks of political correction gone wrong and of utter madness.
        every chicken you buy from the supermarket is halal as well. In fact you'll struggle to buy non-halal meat (except pork) anywhere in the UK or Europe. Much cheaper for the slaughter houses to do it all the same way.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Male circumcision.
          But Americans do that without thinking and that's just the Christians.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It would by definition not be halal. I guess you know that. There are plenty of establishments frequented by Muslims which serve bacon. I expect Muslims just avoid it. Or eat it if they are not strict.
            halal bacon is made from turkey
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I did as well.

This thread is confusing....

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                every chicken you buy from the supermarket is halal as well. In fact you'll struggle to buy non-halal meat (except pork) anywhere in the UK or Europe. Much cheaper for the slaughter houses to do it all the same way.
                Factory farming with factory prays.

Comment

It's not ham.

It's like how vegetarian bacon isn't bacon.
                  I know. It's turkey.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

You were the one who brought the wider issue of Muslims into it.

Anyhow, I'm not using this issue as a fig leaf for my dislike for this and other religions. I'm fairly open about that..

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      But Americans do that without thinking and that's just the Christians.
                      But that's to prevent sinful masturbation.

We Need To Stop Circumcision | HuffPost
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X