• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The U.K.'s Economic Outlook Is Getting Rosier

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    I was pro the Euro. I was wrong and admit it.
    And pro EU, but mainly for the same reasons you state. I reckon the grass is not greener on the other side, it's greener where you water it. What with the veto, and the rebate, a total no-brainer.

I just under-estimated the no-brain effect.
    What kind of idiot was pro Euro?

Oh, I see.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post

Oh, I see.
      I was pro-EU purely for selfish reasons. Random directives implemented into UK law have helped me over the years.

I'm still pro-EU but now for economic reasons, and due to the fact Brexiters just hark back to the Empire instead of talking about the future. They don't seem to recognise that countries that Britain exploited e.g. India can now exploit Britain.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I was pro-EU purely for selfish reasons. Random directives implemented into UK law have helped me over the years.

I'm still pro-EU but now for economic reasons, and due to the fact Brexiters just hark back to the Empire instead of talking about the future. They don't seem to recognise that countries that Britain exploited e.g. India can now exploit Britain.
        Pro-EU and pro-Euro are different.

Comment

Pro-EU and pro-Euro are different.
          Differing in their degrees of utter madness, you mean...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Differing in their degrees of utter madness, you mean...
            You're the expert.

Comment

Oh, I see.
              I was an idealist. As it happens the UK and Germany would have done the best out of it, but then Greece happened and we were better off out.
              Germany are doing OK but then they run the whole shebang. Would the Euro have been better with UK in? Arguably yes? Would the UK have been better? Demonstrably not.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                I was an idealist. As it happens the UK and Germany would have done the best out of it, but then Greece happened and we were better off out.
                Germany are doing OK but then they run the whole shebang. Would the Euro have been better with UK in? Arguably yes? Would the UK have been better? Demonstrably not.
                Crazy to give up the ability to set interest rates and control money supply.

Comment

Crazy to give up the ability to set interest rates and control money supply.
                  yep.
                  Plenty did it.
                  Another reason why leaving the EU is barmy. If we try to join again we might have to take the Euro and that's not going to happen. If we stay we keep the benefits and the GBP.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    Where's your nice prawn picture gone?
                    Happy now?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Happy now?

And all is right with the world again...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X