• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The U.K.'s Economic Outlook Is Getting Rosier

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    you're thinking too short term. Over 10 years it'll be fine.

Anyway. I'm not into BTL. I'd rather have a nicer pad and enjoy the investment without the hassle of scratters.
    I was just observing the impact of inflation aiding the repayments on your leveraged asset.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Does it matter how people voted?

And people are really bored of this Brexit nonsense. Especially on CUK.
      Some of us are still really enjoying it.

Comment

Yeh - things looked good under Gordon Brown's chancellorship.

Then all of sudden they didn't.

For the whole of this millennium, this country has been living off unsustainable debt of various kinds. All we're seeing is people piling up card/unsecured loans and spend-spend-spending. Interest rates will boost the pound until the merde hits the fan as mortgage rates rise.

When will the next crash be? Who knows?
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Google review for Centre for Economics and Business Research...

You would be better off putting options into a hat and picking one blindfold in my honest opinion. I say these consultants are to forecasts what a pin is to a donkey.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post

When will the next crash be? Who knows?
            I'd say 2025. We need a recovery first before we can crash otherwise it would be 2019.

And despite Brexit will screw us over it won't be a crash, it will be slow and painful like toothache.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              ...it will be slow and painful like toothache.
              And Brexit threads on CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                And Brexit threads on CUK.
                You guys used to love Brexit! It was all freedom and prosperity, but you don't seem to want to talk about it so much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  You guys used to love Brexit! It was all freedom and prosperity, but you don't seem to want to talk about it so much anymore.
                  If anyone on CUK does anything exciting, like swap sides or has an original thought, just let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    If anyone on CUK does anything exciting, like swap sides or has an original thought, just let me know.
                    I've completely swapped sides - I'm all for a hard Brexit. I'm serious - it'll be good for people like me.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      I've completely swapped sides - I'm all for a hard Brexit. I'm serious - it'll be good for people like me.
                      Well that needs sorting. I'm off to join Vince Cable and co.

Comment

Working...
                      X