• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan C funding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes
    all of the arm chair experts crawl out of their shells
    to give their impersonations of John Harvey Jones
    Not that you've ever done that, eh milan! Its more helpful than an arm chair tape changer giving his impersonation of Harvey Smith!

Your right though, 20K is fook all. Why not ask for 100K?

Comment

FFS 20k, this is a contractor's board

Comment

I've got £20K down the back of the sofa!

Anyway, equity release from your house is the easiest way to raise the money. No bank manager needed.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
          The most important thing in your business plan is the market research.

What is your potential market, how do you plan to reach them i.e. advertising etc, and who are your competitors ?

If you're a local business, Plumber etc this is fairly easy, i.e. you stick yourself in the yellow pages and away you go.

As an internet company this could be tricky, especially providing a "radically new service", because no-one is aware of it. You really need to think that through. Maybe engage a spam e-mailing company.

...oh and before you start get some sort of response from potential customers. What you personally think is a fantastic idea might not be.

Oh and by the way you can't patent a legal loophole, and you can't patent a business concept. The only thing that will be protected is the company name and any literature you publish. Your idea will be copied.
          Something sensible at last!

Market = everyone. Advertising = TV prime time and brand partnerships. I have approached 3 well known vendors (who I have funny handshake tea tray wink wink histories with) who shift the class of brand and 2 are willing to enter a partnership when they see something working..

You can't patent a business concept but you can patent a device. This is a device.

The lead time for the idea is quite long so I'd be well in pocket before anyone appeared doing the same. The idea was designed to generate up to £15k clear profit a day. Another company would have a lead time of 6 months.

The £20k comes from the fact I have SFA cash as I just bought a flat and am ripping it out. Equity release is impossible as there is pretty much nothing to release at the moment.
          I was TheMonkey

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Does this Plan C involve lots of Z80s & 6502s?
            No - that's plan D...

http://home.micros.users.btopenworld.com/zx80/zx80.html

6502s are for plan E
            I was TheMonkey

Comment

"The idea was designed to generate up to £15k clear profit a day.",

why _only_ up to 15k gbp clear profit a day ?

Aren't you limiting yourself a bit there ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                "The idea was designed to generate up to £15k clear profit a day.",

why _only_ up to 15k gbp clear profit a day ?

Aren't you limiting yourself a bit there ?

Milan.
                No - that's plenty. Anything else would involve employing more than the 2 projected monkeys to procure and pack, therefore leading to a company that will snowball out of control. Keep it small, keep it lean, keep it profitable.
                I was TheMonkey

Comment

Originally posted by The Clown Beater
                  The £20k comes from the fact I have SFA cash as I just bought a flat and am ripping it out. Equity release is impossible as there is pretty much nothing to release at the moment.
                  You might have cost yourself £15K per day in profit because you wanted to buy property rather than use everything you had to create a business?

But that's a whole other thread (or six).
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

very nice

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
                      You might have cost yourself £15K per day in profit because you wanted to buy property rather than use everything you had to create a business?

But that's a whole other thread (or six).
                      The risk of buying the property was lower than the risk of starting a business.
                      I was TheMonkey

Comment

Working...
                      X