• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain 2006

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"To be precise Notting Hill .... few streets away from me

Neighbours dispute over 'game of football' cost taxpayer £50,000

From The Daily Mail

This type of nonsense gets my blood boiling. That woman needs to get a life."

While not a follow of any religion myself, I would have thought the teachings you follow would allow you to rise above such a trivial story and not allow it to make your blood boil !

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
      There is another issue here, people buy a house and sign a deed to agree to live by the covenants of the property and rights therewithin. You cannot chose to disobey these covenants just because you think they aren't 'fair'.

If the covenant says no ball games on the communal land then you should abide by that rule, or buy a house somewhere else.
      I agree BP. If it's an ornamental garden he shouldn't fuck it up. It's not as if the geezer can't afford to move somewhere else.

Comment

legal source said Miss Lawton, while 'well-meaning', was 'somewhat vexatious and someone who has multiple legal proceedings going on against numerous people in Elgin Crescent.
        Translation: Nosey old bag who's abused the legal system and should be made to pay all the costs.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          An atheist is surely the antithesis of an idolator?
          Not really. Whether an atheist believe God exists or not is relevant. God does exist and nothing that atheist belives or does is going to change that. God exists and demands worship not because he needs it but we do, the atheist in turn displace this worship and puts it unto something else - wealth, themself, sex, whatever it is and that makes the atheist an idolator.
          Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
            Not really. Whether an atheist believe God exists or not is relevant. God does exist and nothing that atheist belives or does is going to change that. God exists and demands worship not because he needs it but we do, the atheist in turn displace this worship and puts it unto something else - wealth, themself, sex, whatever it is and that makes the atheist an idolator.
            You're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
              You're wrong.
              No I am right. Because the Bible says it true.
              Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Lets keep it simple from now on, I shall use idolator to refer the self styled atheists, secularists, pagans and the so called intellectual God-haters.
                But of course, incorrect.......

Like everything else you've posted
                Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

No I am right. Because the Bible says it true.
                  No, you're a sad deluded git.
                  Next ....
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

God does exist and nothing that atheist belives or does is going to change that. God exists and demands worship not because he needs it but we do,
                    Speak for yourself, you're the only easily-led one around here. And can you substantiate the following statement God does exist and nothing that atheist belives or does is going to change that) ? With something resembling proof, this time.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

You'd never make it as a Jesuit, Chico
                      Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Working...
                      X