• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snowflake "Thinking"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    If American chicken is sprayed with poison, why aren't all Americans dead?
    Noticed how fat they are?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Indeed, but poison tends to make you dead, not fat.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

it is not enough to kill you, just enough to make you feel nauseous and develop early Alzheimers, for example, and many other of those non-fatal but "annoying" diseases.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          it is not enough to kill you, just enough to make you feel nauseous and develop early Alzheimers, for example, and many other of those non-fatal but "annoying" diseases.
          (So pretty much the same as the air we breathe then, what with all those diesel fumes.)

The chlorine probably used to kill the bacteria which will actually very much kill you. I'll probably stick to the free range non-imported variety though, so thanks for the heads up. Although I doubt the Yanks have much spare chicken available for export, since (as SueEllen pointed out) they do consume rather a lot of it.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Nordics?
            I worked in Norway for a short time. I like the Norwegians and they do have a good society.

.... but in my experience they spend a lot of their time complaining about how expensive everything is and how much tax they have to pay. Pretty much every lunchtime and meal out.

On the plus side, you can order Whale in the pub.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              I was in Seattle recently and noticed that most of them are not fat. In fact, most of them are pretty much the same shape as Europeans.

Comment

Because it's just a typical anti-American, liberal left, smear that ignores reality?

You can get some decent food in the States at very reasonable prices. Don't want to eat an American chicken post-BREXIT? Buy an organic one from Waitrose.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                  I was in Seattle recently and noticed that most of them are not fat. In fact, most of them are pretty much the same shape as Europeans.
                  OK it was a generalisation.

I've been to different parts of the states over the years.

The more wealthy areas even in particular states or even cities have European e.g. Dutch sized people. The poorer areas have the fat ones.

Also when you are at tourist attractions you can play guess where the American tourist is from.

Comment

Well post Brexit all the supermarket chains have pointed out that prices will sky rocket, and it looks like a left wing Labour government will be hiking taxes to levels that will make Norway look rightwing libertarian.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                      Because it's just a typical anti-American, liberal left, smear that ignores reality?

You can get some decent food in the States at very reasonable prices. Don't want to eat an American chicken post-BREXIT? Buy an organic one from Waitrose.
                      Like their bread with added sugar you mean? Their breakfast cereal which has more sugar than a kid needs in a day?

Comment

Working...
                      X