• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Branson v Murdoch fight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Never trust a man with a beard
    Or a fur ?

Comment

What I can't understand is why either of them want ITV.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
        They were talking about this on radio 5 yesterday in their money hour bit - I was up early to drive down south.

What Branson was trying to do was get ITV on the cheap and Murdoch stole in there. Murdoch has played by the rules and Branson has been made to look a bit stupid my them. With Branson, as soon as he plays with the big boys he loses and then cries to the regulators about a lack of competition as he did with BA. I don't particularly like Murdoch, but on this occasion I'm quite happy to see the bearded self pulicising twat come a cropper.
        Well said Tony.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
          Never trust a man with a beard
          Or a woman.

Comment

Lenin turned out to be an awright chap.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              Lenin turned out to be an awright chap.

So why are you here ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                So why are you here ?
                Putin does not have a beard or even tash (like Stalin)

Comment

Branson is a major shareholder in NTL and wanted to add ITV. All Murdoch did was make it too expensive for him to do this. Murdoch has stated that they do not want to own ITV which is why they limited their purchase to 18%. They don't want to own it, but also don't want NTL and Branson to.

I never said I was happy about the power which Murdoch has. What annoys me about Branson is that as soon as he is slapped down in the business world he kicks up a whole song and dance simply because somebody protected their business. He is the business equivalent of a small child. Murdoch on this occasion played by the rules and Branson can't handle it.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    Putin does not have a beard or even tash (like Stalin)
                    But he is a murdering swine. (Like Lenin, and Stalin for that matter)

Comment

Murdock's actions are anti-competitive without any shadow of a doubt, however they seem legal on the surface of it - the true intention of his actions however may cause law changes.

The whole Sky's exclusive stuff should be illegal in the first place - the whole intention of such arrangement is to reduce competition.

Comment

Working...
                      X