• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Potential €20bn a year Hole in EU Budget.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    well even the SS had to turn to conscription eventually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffen...and_conscripts

Don't worry the rest of the 27 got a look in
    The proto-Faragistes were also involved in a small way. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Free_Corps

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      The proto-Faragistes were also involved in a small way. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Free_Corps
      Research by British historian Adrian Weale has identified 54 men[1][3] who belonged to this unit at one time or another, some for only a few days. At no time did it reach more than 27 men in strength.
      Yeah a massive part of the war. Compare that to the 5000 they recruited across the remainder of the 27 EU countries.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Yeah a massive part of the war. Compare that to the 5000 they recruited across the remainder of the 27 EU countries.
        Note my use of 'in a small way'.

Of course if we quote less selectively:

Research by British historian Adrian Weale has identified 54 men[1][3] who belonged to this unit at one time or another, some for only a few days. At no time did it reach more than 27 men in strength.
        ...and then divide 5,000 by 25 (Germany and Austria removed) to get an average, and then consider that most of the other EU countries were either occupied on neutral, then where does that get you?

Comment

Note my use of 'in a small way'.

Of course if we quote less selectively:

...and then divide 5,000 by 25 (Germany and Austria removed) to get an average, and then consider that most of the other EU countries were either occupied on neutral, then where does that get you?
          Needing mafs genius sassy to assist?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            It seems every country/political body is in debt.

To who??

If you have to ask, you haven't got a big enough yacht to find the answer.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Needing mafs genius sassy to assist?
              It's more of a deductive reasoning question. Bit mean of me really.

Comment

It's more of a deductive reasoning question. Bit mean of me really.
                Save it all up for when you send the Romania girl round with the cheese grater.

Comment

The solution is obvious - they'll make up for the money by introducing extra Brexit tariff on all British exports, unless UK pays up as much as before.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    The solution is obvious - they'll make up for the money by introducing extra Brexit tariff on all British exports, unless UK pays up as much as before.
                    Indeed. And of course the UK would not respond in kind.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Indeed. And of course the UK would not respond in kind.
                      Indeed - which would hurt them more than us....

Comment

Working...
                      X