• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

“This country is f–ked” - senior Tory

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Ich habe meine B1 Prüfung in sechs Monaten, errrr was meinst du? Du hast keine Angst?

Probably that was just as wrong as you. I nearly have the Lingoda B2 certificate, but I don't think I would pass the real B2. Getting there though. Die Grammatik ist wirklich ein Alptraum.
    My Missus, fluent in English, German and Russian (and I mean fluent) rates them as Hard, Middling and Hard in grammar respectively.

I can vouch for Russian grammar being hard from Uni, and going to German grammar after that is fairly easy, but I have no use for it, so forget as soon as I've learnt any of it. (We watch German movies, not that kind, nice ones!)

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      My Missus, fluent in English, German and Russian (and I mean fluent) rates them as Hard, Middling and Hard in grammar respectively.

I can vouch for Russian grammar being hard from Uni, and going to German grammar after that is fairly easy, but I have no use for it, so forget as soon as I've learnt any of it. (We watch German movies, not that kind, nice ones!)
      They have interesting German movies!?!
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Yes, but they're in German
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Language Difficulty Ranking | Effective Language Learning

How do you know she's fluent in Russian if you're not? What's her native language?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Das Boot...

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Language Difficulty Ranking | Effective Language Learning

How do you know she's fluent in Russian if you're not? What's her native language?
              Russian!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                I'll be heir 8 years 6 months before March 2018... photo finish. And I get dual citizenship whilst the UK is a member.

It has been a right pain on for the whole family. Although there's assurances we've been advised to prepare for the worst, so passport route it is.
                Na ja, ungefähr 28 Jahre. Hab schon die einbürgerungstest gemacht mit ein stolze 32 Punkte....unne, unne, obbe, obbe, unne, obbe, schobbe klobbe, um de kopp, an de kopp, in de kopp...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Russian!
                  That's cheating.

Here's one to get Scooter upset:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X5zX3yVoiQ&t=3s

Dialect. Obviously.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Nah - so in 5 years time when next GE comes around what will have happened

1) Brexit will be 3 years in the past (at least)
                    2) The UK economy will not have tanked.
                    3) Orwell's Animal Farm will have got back on the GCSE curriculum and people will understand that 'For the many, not the few' can also be written as 'All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others'
                    4) The students who voted labour will now have jobs and be voting tory.
                    5) The reduction in immigration will lead to a reduction in labour voters

Anything I have missed?

Corbyn will be 73 at the GE, and 78 by the close of that parliament. Unlikely we will vote in a PM who could be a liability ....

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Corbyn will be 73 at the GE, and 78 by the close of that parliament. Unlikely we will vote in a PM who could be a liability ....

Vince Cable will be older.

Next the Tories will vote in Ken Clark or similar....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X