• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU citizens latest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    EU economic policy always favours Germany. When Greece needed high interest rates it got low ones as that was what Germany needed. And vica versa.
    What Germany wants has nothing to do with Greece. In fact I'm fairly certain if you quiz the average German they could not give a monkeys about Greece. I'm doubly more certain Greece wishes to remain in the EU.

EU economic policy is decided by a club that the UK is part of. If you give up your veto's for short-term concessions don't complain when you loose control. Ironically the UK is not going to have less control in EU matters than it did before.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      What Germany wants has nothing to do with Greece. In fact I'm fairly certain if you quiz the average German they could not give a monkeys about Greece. I'm doubly more certain Greece wishes to remain in the EU.

EU economic policy is decided by a club that the UK is part of. If you give up your veto's for short-term concessions don't complain when you loose control. Ironically the UK is not going to have less control in EU matters than it did before.
      Of course they care about Greece. Though they have a few countries to go through before they can invade them.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Of course they care about Greece. Though they have a few countries to go through before they can invade them.

HTH
        Speaking of invasion Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya - who's the UK's end target? Australia?
        Last edited by scooterscot; 23 June 2017, 19:24.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Speaking of invasion Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya - whose the UK's end target? Australia?
          God told Blair to do it. Get with the programme.

Comment

EU rejects May's offer on EU citizensl

oh dear
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              He's crazy. Everyone know that because of the balance of trade, the UK has the upper hand in the Brexit negotiations. He really should watch his step if the Germans want to keep selling their 'luxury' cars.

Comment

The question really is whether this is one of the things that needs to get through parliament, because if it is and it's soon, it could well be the government's first major defeat.

All of which makes me think this is Theresa May retrospectively trying to lose the election, having failed to lose it properly the first time.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                  I thought the UK can now do what it wants. Isn't that the whole point?
                  Obvious yes but there will be consequences.
                  EU wants a good deal too.

Comment

...and there's more

May created the mess on EU citizens' rights

Making a unilateral offer would have made the UK look good and put facts on the ground.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      The question really is whether this is one of the things that needs to get through parliament, because if it is and it's soon, it could well be the government's first major defeat.

All of which makes me think this is Theresa May retrospectively trying to lose the election, having failed to lose it properly the first time.
                      She's got to get the House of Commons biscuit selection agreed first.

Comment

Working...
                      X