• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to cut benefits?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Kill of old people as their pensions make up too much of the benefits bill.
    Plus they live in large houses needed for those with families.....

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
      Dont kid yourself. When I thought I might need it I had a talk to them. They explained they would expect you to sell your house and downsize so that you could use the capital first...
      What benefit was this for?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Dont' worry - requisition is all the rage.

Comment

Japan is ahead of us. I reckon robots.
          In Japan old people don't really retire.

They either get other new jobs e.g. B&Q type or they do lots of community work e.g.volunteering. That is unless they are farmers or similar.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Kill of old people as their pensions make up too much of the benefits bill.
            They are also living longer which is an important contributing factor to the rise in the population which the Kippers and fellow travellers tell us is A Bad Thing.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              They are also living longer which is an important contributing factor to the rise in the population which the Kippers and fellow travellers tell us is A Bad Thing.
              I know of a few people with elderly relatives who find them difficult(like PC). The alternative is far worse.

Though the only reason I want to become old is to become as much of a burden to my children as they were to me.

Comment

I know of a few people with elderly relatives who find them difficult(like PC). The alternative is far worse.

Though the only reason I want to become old is to become as much of a burden to my children as they were to me.
                You're presuming your kids will give a stuff. I know of someone who's just stuck his mum in a home and bu66ered off to Cyprus - nice.

Comment

Japan is ahead of us. I reckon robots.
                  Japan also has a huge deficit. They've not racked up huge personal debts so they are basically holding Japanese bonds and hold up the Japanese massive government debt, which is actually much bigger than Greece.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Japan also has a huge deficit. They've not racked up huge personal debts so they are basically holding Japanese bonds and hold up the Japanese massive government debt, which is actually much bigger than Greece.
                    Indeed. Japan benefits from a loyal elderly population.

Comment

There is no strong desire/need for them to downsize, combined with mediocre properties to move down too.
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X