• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enough is Enough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    No because there is actually a medical reason for it.

And even if not it can be more hygenic.
    Bollocks.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

No because there is actually a medical reason for it.

And even if not it can be more hygenic.

Removing a womans clitoris and labia minor, and then sowing up the resultant mess so the husband on the wedding night can parade it around to prove he married a virgin is not for medical or hygenic reasons.
      There is rarely a medical reason for it. If it becomes necessary it can be performed on medical advice.

Its done to babies for religious reasons. If Religious sects want to encourage their adult believers to do it willingly then that seems fine to me.

Whilst not anywhere not as serious as FGM its still pretty unpleasant.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Enough is Enough

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        There is rarely a medical reason for it. If it becomes necessary it can be performed on medical advice.

Its done to babies for religious reasons. If Religious sects want to encourage their adult believers to do it willingly then that seems fine to me.

Whilst not anywhere not as serious as FGM its still pretty unpleasant.
        This.

It's the lack of consent. Mutilating a Child on religious beliefs is completely unacceptable.

It's barbaric.
        Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 5 June 2017, 16:09.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          This.

It's the lack of consent. Mutilating a Child on religious beliefs is completely unacceptable.

It's barbaric.
          We've all had ours done in our family.

Not that I'm ever looking but from what I've seen in changing rooms over the years I'm quite glad to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            This.

It's barbaric.
            What about non-religious beliefs? People getting their babies ears pierced for example
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

FTFY

I have no foreskin, cos someone robbed me of it before I was older to know any better and I have always been pedaled the excuse it is more hygienic.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

The usual CUK ignorance on show

There are proven health benefits from male cicumcision, not so much for female circumsion.

Circumcision: Get the Facts, Benefits, Risks & More
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  What about non-religious beliefs? People getting their babies ears pierced for example
                  not keen on that to be honest, ours were allowed to have their ears pierced when they were over 12 if they wished.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

There are proven health benefits from male cicumcision, not so much for female circumsion.

from your link which is pretty much what was said:

but the benefits are not great enough to recommend universal newborn circumcision. The procedure may be recommended in older boys and men to treat phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) or to treat an infection of the penis.

So the experts don't recommend it for all. It is done for some health reasons.

We are saying they shouldn't do it just after birth because it is assault & mutilation without consent.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Ahem, from your own article..

Is circumcision necessary?

The use of circumcision for medical or health reasons is an issue that continues to be debated. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) found that the health benefits of newborn male circumcision outweigh the risks, but the benefits are not great enough to recommend universalnewborn circumcision. The procedure may be recommended in older boys and men to treat phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) or to treat an infection of the penis.

Parents should talk with their doctor about the benefits and risks of the procedure before making a decision regarding circumcision of a male child. Other factors, such as your culture, religion, and personal preference, will also be involved in your decision.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X