• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enough is Enough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You need to learn more about the Amish.

As a woman I definitely wouldn't become Amish I would rather be a Muslim like Sadiq Khan's wife.

I think the girls look quite fetching in their "Little House on the Prairie" style outfits.

Anyhow, I doubt any of us here has had enough contact with the Amish community to be able to pass judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
      I think the girls look quite fetching in their "Little House on the Prairie" style outfits.

Anyhow, I doubt any of us here has had enough contact with the Amish community to be able to pass judgement.
      Oddly I'm against religions where there isn't a liberal form that allows birth control...
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        What about not being a Muslim either and just be a women.
        I think being Pagan would be more fun. You get to party every season change...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ahem.

There's only one Church I support.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I think being Pagan would be more fun. You get to party every season change...
            This made me think of ScooterScot and his next trip back home...

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              This made me think of ScooterScot and his next trip back home...

He's the one alight, right?

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Do you think we should include (a ban and widespread condoning) of MGM as practiced by Jews?
                FGM has far more severe consequences, and more often, than circumcision. Asking this question might seem like being clever, but in reality it diminishes the seriousness of FGM.

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                We all seem to be skirting around the issue here which is religion. All of them. And I mean, all.

Let's become the first nation to be really progressive and ban all religions
                *cough* Communism of various shades.

I though we were supposed to be the highest form of life on this planet?
                When I see the crap you continually post, I doubt it very much. I put you somewhere between Recruitment Agent and pond slime.

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                There's a very simple test.....

Does your "religion" require you to have a blind faith belief in something that cannot be proven to exist?

If the answer is yes, it should be banned.
                People of a scientific mind, and with the intellect to understand the basis, believe many things that cannot be proven. They believe in the big bang or evolution because of the evidence. In the same way, there are people (possibly a minority) with religious faith (some of them scientists), who believe what they do concerning that because of the evidence they've seen/experienced. And of course plenty of people believe evolution to be true, even though they haven't the first notion about its actual mechanism.

Perhaps a better approach would simply be to try to promote scientific thinking. But then, where would we get our politicians from?

I would love to ban religion but then it may become sexy or a way of rebelling.
                That's not what happened in East Germany. The church was barely tolerated. The way the state attacked the church and believers was to offer a secular alternative to confirmation, and low level persecution. Teens especially react to peer pressure, and church attendance fell markedly. In Russia they just prevented the children of believers from going to university - or in extreme cases, took them away and put them in orphanages, which even now are not exactly a bed of roses.

Banning religion probably requires a totalitarianism that most of us wouldn't want to live under.

Lots of dancing round naked with paganism, which can't be bad.
                Thistles, hedgehogs, sharp stones, rain, cold, ... I might give it a miss.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  FGM has far more severe consequences, and more often, than circumcision. Asking this question might seem like being clever, but in reality it diminishes the seriousness of FGM.
                  FGM is already illegal in the UK. Should MGM also be illegal?
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

FGM is already illegal in the UK. Should MGM also be illegal?
                    No because there is actually a medical reason for it.

And even if not it can be more hygenic.

Removing a womans clitoris and labia minor, and then sowing up the resultant mess so the husband on the wedding night can parade it around to prove he married a virgin is not for medical or hygenic reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      No because there is actually a medical reason for it.

And even if not it can be more hygenic.
                      I think that this is a fallacy (pun intended)

Comment

Working...
                      X