• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BA contractor screw up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I believe some guy is taking them to court over the fact they now charge for food as when his family booked the tickets food was free.
    Yep, you are completely correct.

Food was always touch and go on BA even in Business Class.

Emirates
    Singapore
    Air New Zealand

have always had better food in any case.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Yep, you are completely correct.

Food was always touch and go on BA even in Business Class.

Emirates
      Singapore
      Air New Zealand

have always had better food in any case.
      My one flight with Emirates was hands down the best flying experience ever. And Mitch definitely would.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        My one flight with Emirates was hands down the best flying experience ever. And Mitch definitely would.
        Mine was also actually, Rodders Cornish clotted cream with my desert, yes please

A funny, albeit a little embarrassing story as to how I ended up on that plane.

I had been on a 2 month sabbatical out in the Andaman Islands doing a lot of diving.

With my head in the clouds, after my extensive break, I managed to miss my flight from Chennai, I blame "island" time

I got talking to an Indian guy who said he could sort me a ticket, if I lent him my phone. He rang someone in the airport and then asked for my card to buy the ticket on the phone.
        At this point I thought there was a chance I was been done, even more so when he said he could go and get the ticket but I couldn't actually go with him .

(Transport terminals are one of the commonest places to be attempted to be turned over wherever you go in the world, IMO.)

The guy came back after 5 minutes, or so, with an Emirates flight from Chennai to Heathrow, leaving in a couple of hours time, for the princely sum of...........£110

I slipped him $25, al I had in US $, which he seemed very happy with.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Agreed. Except that I was going to the Emirates. 2am in the morning and about a 2 hour wait for passport control. Luckily I had a disabled child with me and could bypass the queues.

As Mrs BP says, the Arabs have some incredible ideas. Then mess it up with some small detail.

Comment

Mine was also actually, Rodders Cornish clotted cream with my desert, yes please

A funny, albeit a little embarrassing story as to how I ended up on that plane.

I had been on a 2 month sabbatical out in the Andaman Islands doing a lot of diving.

With my head in the clouds, after my extensive break, I managed to miss my flight from Chennai, I blame "island" time

I got talking to an Indian guy who said he could sort me a ticket, if I lent him my phone. He rang someone in the airport and then asked for my card to buy the ticket on the phone.
            At this point I thought there was a chance I was been done, even more so when he said he could go and get the ticket but I couldn't actually go with him .

(Transport terminals are one of the commonest places to be attempted to be turned over wherever you go in the world, IMO.)

The guy came back after 5 minutes, or so, with an Emirates flight from Chennai to Heathrow, leaving in a couple of hours time, for the princely sum of...........£110

I slipped him $25, al I had in US $, which he seemed very happy with.
            Feck me, I was wary of letting the clingfilm guy wrap my luggage at Chennai - and I was standing next to him

Also +1 for Emirates. I've never been as drunk on a flight

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Feck me, I was wary of letting the clingfilm guy wrap my luggage at Chennai - and I was standing next to him

Also +1 for Emirates. I've never been as drunk on a flight
              The thing is if you spend enough time somewhere you can usually find a trustworthy face.

I have had many adventures I wouldn't have had, in the past, if I hadn't followed that rule.
              Whether I would do them at this age is now very debatable.

I did turn down an unofficial 4 hour trip into the foothills in Kerala to meet the militia that grow all the Ganja.
              It was sold to me with the strapline of "Come and smoke some strong weed and shoot a few AK47s", however

Used to get well drunk on the Belfast to London City Flight regularly.
              Very nice ladies on that flight, very accommodating
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

The thing is if you spend enough time somewhere you can usually find a trustworthy face.
                Except on CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Except on CUK.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Are you one of the people who have emailed various media outlets and have told them that BA are talking tulipe?
                    Nope but Im sure it won't take much for the media to find that post

Comment

Emirates on Sunday to India...

Flight back on Friday is business class as I want my sleep....

Makes a change from KLM as I bounce around Europe
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X