• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So who did BA outsource their IT to?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Our you sure it isn't:
    "Sew too whom does B.a. Outsource it's It?"
    How about

Which "Cheap" Outsourcer Royally Buggered up BAs Systems?
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
      As a supporter of the Plain English Campaign, may I request that the title of this thread be renamed to "So, to whom did BA outsource their IT?" ?
      No. There are some things up with which I shall not put. E.g. idiotic "rules" of grammar.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

That depends on whether you define BA as a corporate entity or a collective. Either is valid.

Anyhow, I was always taught not to end a sentence with a preposition.

Such grammatical strictures may no longer be in vogue but I'm quite happy to stick with standards commensurate with O' Level English Language circa 1979, thank you very much.
        The semantic meaning of the sentence is as a corporate entity. Therefore my version is grammatically correct and yours is incorrect.

You were taught according to a prevailing fashion that had no founding in the realities of English grammar beyond the ideas of grammarians who sought to apply Latin principles to English.

So when you corrected the OP, you were wrong and old fashioned and also misunderstood Plain English.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          The semantic meaning of the sentence is as a corporate entity. Therefore my version is grammatically correct and yours is incorrect.

You were taught according to a prevailing fashion that had no founding in the realities of English grammar beyond the ideas of grammarians who sought to apply Latin principles to English.

So when you corrected the OP, you were wrong and old fashioned and also misunderstood Plain English.
          Fark Orf!

Comment

Maybe you are expecting a little too much from a simple socky account
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Anyhow, ending a sentence with the preposition "to" makes one sound like an illiterate Somerset beer boy.

Comment

Anyhow, ending a sentence with the preposition "to" makes one sound like an illiterate Somerset beer boy.
                Not when using an intransitive phrasal verb.

Comment

Not when using an intransitive phrasal verb.
                  Compiling all these vignettes from Wikipedia must take some time. Don't you think you should run along and do some work?

Comment

Compiling all these vignettes from Wikipedia must take some time. Don't you think you should run along and do some work?
                    I have a Latin degree.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      WNLDYUK said.

I did consider it but it looks old fashioned and stuffy (I would, of course, used NLDYUK's correct question had I wanted to sound like Jacob Rees-Mogg).
                      In my point of view, the Pip in a Poke version sounds better, but the way you write I always had an impression that you are from the North. No?
                      Last edited by Bee; 30 May 2017, 15:27.

Comment

Working...
                      X