• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester bomber's mother reported him and police did nothing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dog born in a stable doesn't make it a horse

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      I said before. Give them camel and to desert. Strip them out of citizenship first.
      I'd leave the sauce alone for a while and let it wear off.

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Waiting for the response, dog born in a stable doesn't make it a horse from deceasedex
        Dogs and horses are different species. Nationality is a cultural and legal construct. So generations of dogs will never change into horse or vice versa. On the other hand, some people we would now see as British or English have French (for example) ancestry.

So the dog and horse analogy is pretty poor.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          You have made a false assumption, without any evidence. You are trying to score a point by saying I have issues with Muslims. Based on my comment that Muslim communities have a responsibility to integrate.

I said in the other comment I'm not going to define integration because it's a basic concept. If you struggle with how communities integrate with each other and the wider world then I can't help you.
          Nice editing of my post where I pointed out I personally know people of all religions who have integrated.

Integration isn't a one way street.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            Dogs and horses are different species. Nationality is a cultural and legal construct. So generations of dogs will never change into horse or vice versa. On the other hand, some people we would now see as British or English have French (for example) ancestry.

So the dog and horse analogy is pretty poor.
            Was a 'joke' of Bernard Manning's on the subject of Asians in UK etc along with 'no pakis at Arnhem'

He could be very funny but sometimes he was pretty hateful..

Comment

Was a 'joke' of Bernard Manning's on the subject of Asians in UK etc along with 'no pakis at Arnhem'

Didn't he say that on the Mrs Merton Show?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                Didn't he say that on the Mrs Merton Show?
                Yeah think it was.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Nice editing of my post where I pointed out I personally know people of all religions who have integrated.

Integration isn't a one way street.
                  Not sure how I'm able to edit your post. You asked twice to define integration. If you know what it means then stop asking me.

You are correct about integration not being a one-way street, I don't believe I argued against that.

Comment

I know it is. I think we need to be a bit less critical of Bernard Manning. His conversation with Darcus Howe ws interesting

(content blocked outside of UK so am guessing these are right)

I think he was hurtful rather than hateful and certainly doesn't belong on the telly. He was just from another time.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      I'm a tw at
                      Like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X