• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The religion of wahhabism

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    You'll have to be explicit, the onus is on you.

Who said I've studied the Bible? Care to back that up?

"the truth" thick as mince
    You like to claim that you have studied the Quran, in the same way that you like to claim that you are smart. You're not.
    In one thing you're right. You are thick as mince.

2 Tim 3:16 "All scripture is from God and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness"
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      You like to claim that you have studied the Quran, in the same way that you like to claim that you are smart. You're not.

2 Tim 3:16 "All scripture is from God and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness"
      Add that to:

Spanking for Jesus: Inside the Unholy World of ‘Christian Domestic Discipline’

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

I am more intelligent than you (very low bar, almost meaningless), however I've never claimed to be smart. I have studied the Koran, not the Bible (I am aware of the differences).

So Timothy, a mere Christian evangelist made the statement - ergo the Bible itself doesn't claim infallibility, i.e. God doesn't narrate the Bible to be infallible like in the case of the Koran.

Let's not get started on the interpretations of Tim 3:16 either - e.g. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God".

Reductio ad absurdum.

Comment

Same old clique coming along whenever Islam is criticised, creepy

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Wasabism is definitely to be preferred.
            ..and eventually, kills worms from the raw fish.

Comment

Paddy specifically compared and contrasted Islam with Christianity. Are you looking to now close down that conversation, or do you have something constructive to add?

Comment

I am more intelligent than you (very low bar, almost meaningless), however I've never claimed to be smart. I have studied the Koran, not the Bible (I am aware of the differences).

So Timothy, a mere Christian evangelist made the statement - ergo the Bible itself doesn't claim infallibility, i.e. God doesn't narrate the Bible to be infallible like in the case of the Koran.

Let's not get started on the interpretations of Tim 3:16 either - e.g. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God".

Reductio ad absurdum.
                Some Christians believe the Bible to be infallible, and that the scripture written by Timothy is the word of God. Some Muslims believe the Koran to be fallible.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Paddy specifically compared and contrasted Islam with Christianity. Are you looking to now close down that conversation, or do you have something constructive to add?
                  Technically he mentioned the Bible.

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Some Christians believe the Bible to be infallible, and that the scripture written by Timothy is the word of God. Some Muslims believe the Koran to be fallible.
                  The discussion wasn't about adherents - it was about ideology. The koran is explicit in being the verbatim "infallible word of god", stressed over and over again.

Comment

Technically he mentioned the Bible.

The discussion wasn't about adherents - it was about ideology. The koran is explicit in being the verbatim "infallible word of god", stressed over and over again.
                    You are onto a hiding to nothing. You are arguing with people that struggle with basic logic and clear thinking.

Comment

Yup, Bremainers by and large.

It's no coincidence that EU enthusiasts such as these are keen to break down national barriers, and mass immigration especially by Muslims is one of the methods they consider the most effective to that end in the long run.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X